OEC dead in the water this AM?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by indahook, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Down again as from 11.33

#21     Aug 31, 2009
  2. rickf

rickf

Yes that happens frequently -- folks get peeved @ one broker and others gun for their account via PM here. :)

I've got to admit that compared to how other brokers handles software updates - in particular, the previews of new features/changes during their Wed chats - OEC is nowhere as polished as who I've been trading with as of late, and am keeping my OEC account as a backup for the moment.

#22     Aug 31, 2009
  3. Another poster had problems with OECry a while back (Saxon22), so I'll give you guys some info you may/maynot want to use.
    I use DTN/IQ Feed as my data feed, they recently upgraded their technology and they are very consistent.

No problems there today.
    There are also several good brokers listed on the brokerage page.

Among others are:

Global Futures
    Mirus Futures
    thinkorswim
    InteractiveBrokers

Good trading

#23     Aug 31, 2009
  4. quotes are dead again since 8:40am

#24     Sep 1, 2009
  5. ndjeff7

ndjeff7

This is crazy, my data and charts are still lagging way behind this morning, and that's when they're even working at all! I talked to a rep and asked him about going back to the old version of the software and he said the software is fine. Clearly he isn't in front of a computer trying to trade with this unreliable data. It's days like this when I'm happy that I have another broker for trading as well.

I wish they'd get their act together and make sure the new release actually works before they make it mandatory for everyone!

#25     Sep 1, 2009
  6. Same here, new day... Actually it was up/working all morning but was very sluggish and had delays. As many as 5-10 sec. for an order to change from "sending" to "working" status! Now all is dead with no quotes or charts after software tried to reconnect. Not happy...

#26     Sep 1, 2009
  7. Goodbye OEC...well, just bye.

#27     Sep 1, 2009
  8. ndjeff7

ndjeff7

Yup, very annoying. Mine still says I'm connected but my data has been frozen for the past 15 minutes.

It just annoyed me that the online rep I talked to was such a dick when I said that the software change was the issue.

#28     Sep 1, 2009
  9. Data and charts have been lagging behind quite often even before this software upgrade.

#29     Sep 1, 2009
  10. I never had any problems before yesterday. This is very disappointing. So, what brokers offer a similar commission/trading platform package as OEC?

#30     Sep 1, 2009