OEC dead in the water this AM?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by indahook, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Be careful because I don't think it is working yet... Mine shows connected too but it is not acting right. Charts are unresponsive and I cannot connect to the API either.

#11     Aug 31, 2009
  2. That sucks. :(

I've meet the group at Trade Seminars, and they're the nicest group of people you would ever want to know.

Maybe you guys should get on the cell phone instead of posting here on ET, and try to get the situation corrected ASAP.

Friendly suggestion.

#12     Aug 31, 2009
  3. jimmyrey

jimmyrey

i can now login and there are prices and graphs BUT.......

they have stopped updating and are now 5+ minutes out of date.

my post below made to the other OEC problem thread earlier before i saw this one

In fact i've been having delays during the last hour of trading for a week or two now -

i'm guessing that this problem today is more to do with their s/w release over the weekend?

anyone know the official line?

I use OEC as my backup broker and mirus and Zenfire as my main broker - i noticed the delays cause z/f was fine but oec were way behind and at times it sorta died.

#13     Aug 31, 2009
  4. I called them almost two hours ago

#14     Aug 31, 2009
  5. Thsanks Mandy..already did...."should up in 30 minutes" an hour ago...:mad:

#15     Aug 31, 2009
  6. Here we go... the first update...

"11:15 AM SYSTEM
    ALERT: Update: Order flow is working fine now. Market data is not working properly though. With this being said clients can place orders fine but the quotes are incorrect. "

How about telling us why this happened. < sarcasm > I'm sure that the mandatory upgrade was just a coincidence < /sarcasm >

#16     Aug 31, 2009
  7. Back up...11.20 with prices...affected their whole client base including automated...so hurt them big bucks...hopefully permanently resolved

#17     Aug 31, 2009
  8. jimmyrey

jimmyrey

I agree...... that's why I've been in touch with them more or less on a daily basis since i first spotted the price lag issue during the last trading hour (est 3pm-4.15pm) hour between OEC and z/f.

This problem may well be different from the one today - it's just that now i'm logged in the market data issue looks VERY similar to the one i've been having.

the problem I’ve had over the last few weeks is that oec would lag behind while Z/F would be giving me what I believe to be the correct price. I say lagged behind because I compared the ‘Last Updated’ field on the quoteboard to my PC clock time (which is synced to SymmTime every morning)

what i'm seeing right now (i.e. today's problem) is very similar to what i've seen during the last hour of trading for the last few weeks......that oec updates, lags, updates, lags...... for me this has been a real issue during the last hour.

right now, got the same problems Oec 1-3 minutes behind then catches up then lags again.... as I say I noticed this because my main market data is via Z/F......

just wondered if any one else had noticed this or had this problem during the last hour......

#18     Aug 31, 2009
  9. Great. Now i`m getting spammed in my PM box from OEC competitors also....
    :D

#19     Aug 31, 2009
  10. Anyone have further details of the cause?

#20     Aug 31, 2009