Odyssey of my trading

Discussion in 'Journals' started by mike5885, Jul 29, 2004.

1. No edge, no gain. It's the hard way of learning it.

However, I hope he's OK with his trading and that he just forgot about this forum, explaining why he didn't post here anymore.

#21     Dec 17, 2004
  2. traderob

traderob

I am laughing too. At your stupidity.
    Bright have over 40 branch offices and Don Bright is about the most knowledgeable person on trading you can find.

#22     Dec 17, 2004
  3. Really? Most knowledgeable trader you can find? He sounds like a good businessman, but good traders trade not run branch offices. Join up, follow his advice, and give him your money. Traders are his customers, not his students.

#23     Dec 17, 2004
  4. those who can do .... do

those who can't do..... teach

#24     Dec 17, 2004
  5. mike5885

mike5885

I am still alive and well in Las Vegas. Sorry, for the huge lapse between posts.

I am still trading at Bright. It has been difficult to say the least, but they are helping me. I would have self destructed by now without their guidance.

I will try to keep up this post. I have a manual journal where everything is recorded. I just need to put the time in and update here.:cool:

#25     Dec 20, 2004
  6. Hey just do what bob does. like buy stocks like S and hold it.

#26     Dec 20, 2004
  7. Looks like you're about 12 wks post-training. Have you found that your training is difficult to execute? Or are the strategies not effective?

#27     Dec 20, 2004
  8. Good to hear you're still 'alive' ! Keep on posting your experience, it will be for sure very valuable for newbies or more experienced traders coming here and looking for advice.

#28     Dec 21, 2004
  9. mike5885

mike5885

My training ended the middle of November.

The biggest problem I have found is execution.

Fighting my own demons and doing the right thing. I have read several books on the psychology of trading, but there is no substitute for actually doing it. Bright has given me a gameplan to follow. It is my job to execute it effectively.

#29     Dec 21, 2004
  10. mike5885

mike5885

I am still continuing my journey. It has been difficult to say the least. My draw drawn reached almost 75%. Trading is definitely not for the weak of heart. Make sure your are committed to this or it will eat you alive.

That being said, I have found my niche. It is pair trading. It fits my personality and I have been finding success.

Is it a holy grail? Definitely not, but it may be mine. It fits my love of research and swing trading mentality. I was not meant for rapid fire trading.

I still think the key is passion and common sense. When I took the huge leap into the abyss, I had made up my mind to succeed. More than that, I had taken the steps necessary to allow myself to succeed. Any new trader needs: adequate trading capital, living expenses, and a strategic relationship with a great firm.

I will try to keep this journal up to date. I have been struggling with trading, school, research and my personal life. I recently got engaged. :cool:

#30     Feb 23, 2005