Odumbo's Push Toward Communism... Working In The Schools

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Scataphagos, Sep 26, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

Suit yourself. I was just shocked when I pressed the 'quote' button and a completely different response appeared.

No big deal. We are friends who sometimes just disagree.

#51     Sep 27, 2012
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Yes, that's why I refined my answer. You didn't deserve me being snippy.

#52     Sep 27, 2012
  3. pspr

pspr

Thank you.

#53     Sep 27, 2012
  4. I think the better interpretation of this event is the fact that communism as working ideology has failed and communist states (save for North Korea) have been consigned to the dustbin of history. Communism as a threat or to Democratic capitalism simply doesn't exist anymore.

When we were kids an event like this marching band episode would have been a clear political expression. We grew up with Red China and the Soviet Union, an Iron Curtain, and the threat of Nuclear war always hanging in the backdrop. But today, I don't think these high schoolers know much at all about what communism really was.

The notion that this marching band episode shows a communist drift emanating from the White House is absurd.

#54     Sep 27, 2012
  5. It's no big deal, the only result of this may be it had people reading and improving their knowledge of Russia History.

#55     Sep 27, 2012
  6. LEAPup

LEAPup

Did you ever realize this is HIS World? He created you, and me. He can do what he sees fit with the World He created and for the reasons He has. If you shake your fist at him, I promise you difficult times ahead... Praying for you now...

#56     Sep 27, 2012
  7. stu

stu

I don't accept threats as valid argument. Especially religious ones.

What's all this "He" business anyway? Even if "He" were able to create me then "He" gave me a moral compass that screams "He" is an invention of major megalomaniacal proportions and first class bastard.... Thinking for you now...

#57     Sep 27, 2012
  8. LEAPup

LEAPup

Wow! I pray for you. When dirt like us shakes their fist at our Creator, bad things happen, and quickly. Praying 4 u...

#58     Sep 27, 2012
  9. pspr

pspr

When I was younger, I thought that for some people death was the end of everything. They just ceased to exist. After decades of reading and reflection, I don't believe that any more. I think everybody and every living creature has a place after death. The only question for us humans is WHERE are we going. He knows all of us often lose our way but so long as we find our way back I think we will end up in a much better place after death. If you don't find your way back and don't try - then not so much.

If stu really believes there may be alternate universes then this isn't even a leap.

#59     Sep 27, 2012
  10. Well then HE made Obama President. And you are going to vote against HIS choice in November. Blasphemy of the first order!
    Such a blasphemer will scream in the fiery bowels of hell for eternity! No ice cream, no hunting, no beer and chips. No sundays with the boys.

U Praying for you.

#60     Sep 27, 2012