Odumbo Declares, "I'll Veto Any Bill That Mandates Fiscal Responsibilty"....

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Scataphagos, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Right... just like 3/4 trillion dollars a year in fraud, waste and abuse isn't "too high" because that's a "judgment call." :p

#11     Jul 21, 2011
  2. See.... that's why I've had him on ignore for a lonnnng time.

Of he wouldn't come straight out and use those words... too many people would be clear.... instead he said he'd veto cuts in spending, caps in spending, and a balanced budget amendment.... you know, the fiscal responsibility we need so survive as a free and capitalistic country (what's left of that, of course.)

#12     Jul 21, 2011
  3. Ricter

Ricter

You're not involved in oversight of any enterprise with hundreds or thousands of people, so maybe you don't know that the same day you hire your first employee is the same day you begin to suffer fraud and waste. It may be nothing more than one employee going home with a pack of post-it notes, but it's always there. You have to ask yourself, when you manage, what you can live with, what you have to live with, if you don't want to micromanage and run your business into the ground.

Now, is $750 million in fraud and waste "too high"? Probably, if it is indeed fraud and waste, because what I think is wasteful you may think is necessary, and vice versa. So that's where judgement enters. Of course one needs to know the rate of abuse, too. $750 million over $75 trillion (to make my point only) is not a bad rate. I've seen estimates that well governed systems can always expect, on average across sectors, around 3% fraud. Some sectors are tighter, some looser.

#13     Jul 21, 2011
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

How about the same ZERO tolerance I get obeying laws and paying my taxes?
    Silly analogy on your part as you don't think any big government waste is waste.

#14     Jul 21, 2011
  5. as678

as678

Which is the parasite class? Bankers or mothers on welfare?

#15     Jul 21, 2011
  6. Ricter

Ricter

Illogical, if I call it waste, I think it's waste. Did you mean to say I don't think any government spending is waste(ful)?

#16     Jul 21, 2011
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Yes, I surmised this conclusion from your "never cut any spending" pro big government posts.

#17     Jul 21, 2011
  8. Ricter

Ricter

Very well, I'll say this: it's true that I don't think any government spending is wasteful, only if you say it's true there are no legitimate taxes. Do you believe that to be true, that there are no valid reasons for any taxes?

#18     Jul 21, 2011
  9. I was and I do.
    BILLION, not million. You're off by 3 orders of magnitude.

#19     Jul 21, 2011
  10. Ricter

Ricter

BS.

Yes, you're right. (Don't you love when you get a chance to use "orders of magnitude"? I know I do.)

#20     Jul 21, 2011