Odds of oil talks cratering?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Cuddles, Apr 3, 2020.

Is this going anywhere?

1. Yes, there will be consensus

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Hell no, just another pump and dump

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
  1. Cuddles

Cuddles

I'm hedging on corrupt market manipulation & insider trading. Thoughts?

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/03/oil...set-for-meeting-after-trump-intervention.html

OPEC and allies reportedly set for video meeting as analysts pour skepticism on Trump’s intervention
    • It comes less than 24 hours after President Donald Trump told CNBC that he expected OPEC kingpin Saudi Arabia and non-OPEC leader Russia to take up to 15 million barrels of crude off the market.
    • Brent settled up more than 21% on Thursday, registering its best day since contract inception in 1989, while WTI closed up over 24%, also marking its best-ever daily rally.
    • “Donald Trump’s tweet … It’s nonsense, really,” Patrick Armstrong, chief investment officer at Plurimi Investment Managers, told CNBC’s “Squawk Box Europe” on Friday.

zghorner likes this.
  2. SteveH

SteveH

It's doesn't seem all that complicated to me. Buy USO under $5 and hold for 12-18 months.

3. ZBZB

ZBZB

Putin must want all the sanctions lifted. Can Trump deliver that before an election with the democrat/MSM anti Russian hysteria?

tbone44 likes this.
  4. StatGuy

StatGuy

Should be interesting. I definitely don't have the stomach to hold CL at the moment.

5. tbone44

tbone44

but yea...if some agreement is reached there may be a spike to high 20's; BUT this isn't a supply problem as much as it is a DEMAND problem...we are sinking into a "depression like" environment...only MASSIVE cuts will keep oil from the high teens over the next months

6. tbone44

tbone44

the "Russian Hysteria" is justified; Trump owes russian oligarchs much money...They bought loans (or were assigned loans) from Deutsche Bank (spelling ?)

7. ZBZB

ZBZB

source?

8. tbone44

tbone44

source is how Trump has acted over the last 4 years !

9. Edmond

Edmond

I read the same thing months ago but i cannot remember where I read it.

the woman from Deutsche bank was at trumps inauguration.

10. Cuddles

Cuddles