Odds of a "flash crash" later this week

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by endsongs, Jun 29, 2010.

1. noddyboy

noddyboy

The flash crash was due to prop desks at banks shutting down. They provided a service that the government is shutting down...

#31     Jul 16, 2010
  2. True for stocks probably. Especially with the breakers installed. But I think futures and FX will work fine.

#32     Jul 16, 2010
  3. ENDSONGS: I couldnt agree more w you. The price action felt VERY much like may 6th... Def capable of it happening with these conditions. Breakers or none

#33     Jul 16, 2010
  4. Yeah Eurostox, I've been trying to play longer term PA with smaller trade sizes more. The daily clearly shows a downtrend. And with the herd mentality of all these trading algos, there have been lots of wild intraday swings in the last months. Most of the swings have been to the downside.

#34     Jul 17, 2010
  5. LEAPup

LEAPup

Agreed! Last few months have been reversal after reversal after reversal...

#35     Jul 17, 2010
  6. This one is about 1.3% in 30 minutes but it is petering out due to breakers/profit taking. Still 30 minutes to go though...

#36     Jul 21, 2010
  7. This one petered out at ~1.7% in an hour. Everytime it seems we are gonna hit 3%, profit taking prevails...

#37     Jul 21, 2010
  8. We will see what happens today. Big rundown overnight. So there will either be lots of profit taking or panic selling today. Or a combination. There should be plenty of action today either way.

#38     Aug 11, 2010
  9. ptrjon

ptrjon

please stop trying to revive this post.

#39     Aug 11, 2010
  10. Eddiefl

Eddiefl

I put all factors into my "calamaity jane fall off the cliff" formula and the chance is 21.3254% we get a flash crash soon. Of course, if we dont have one, the the chances are 100%,

:D

Ef

#40     Aug 11, 2010