Odds of a "flash crash" later this week

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by endsongs, Jun 29, 2010.

1. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Now everybody and their grand mother have limit buy orders between 41% and 90% of any stock value, so it won't happen...LOL

#21     Jul 1, 2010
  2. Time to stand aside....we're going down.

#22     Jul 1, 2010
  3. [​IMG]

#23     Jul 1, 2010
  4. Only about 1% in an hour today. Nice move EOD/after market to the short side after short profit taking and short closing positions for the holiday weekend. Made some profit from that move.

#24     Jul 2, 2010
  5. The flash crash needs a rebranding. I'm thinking Bernanke's flatulence, or Bernanke's burps...

#25     Jul 3, 2010
  6. Largest downmove today is only ~1% in an hour so far as it took some time for the "irrational exuberance" upswing to peter out. I've made some profits in this current move today, so maybe it's better to have lots of consistent smaller (~1% or so in an hour) downmoves over many weeks than a big move.

#26     Jul 6, 2010
  7. TGregg

TGregg

Bad debt stench. The winds change, the aroma from all that rotting debt wafts onto the trading floor and everybody pukes. :)

#27     Jul 6, 2010
  8. Almost had one today. Thought for sure today was the day after the overbought runup and a few bad earnings reports. Didn't call it correctly a few weeks ago, but, if more companies report bad earnings, and the Fed continues to report the truth, could have a -300 in an hour move any day now.

#28     Jul 16, 2010
  9. ptrjon

ptrjon

even if there is a flash crash, what will you do? The markets will probably be illiquid and it'll probably only be for 2-3 minutes.

#29     Jul 16, 2010
  10. Looking forward to it. But I don't see it happening during the summer.

#30     Jul 16, 2010