Odds Czar: Simple Biases in the Futures Markets 2007

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Art Collins, Dec 30, 2006.

1. Nice work Art....especially "on" for the Russell 2000 index. I was short today and got my head handed to me.
    My only criticism is that since you have no date in your attachments, that at least the filename reflects the prediction date, not the current date.

#11     Jan 4, 2007
  2. sys wizard wrote

Nice work Art....especially "on" for the Russell 2000 index. I was short today and got my head handed to me.
    My only criticism is that since you have no date in your attachments, that at least the filename reflects the prediction date, not the current date.

thanks. sorry you lost today--there is always tomorrow.

i'm not sure what you're saying about the attachments. each entry is supposed to have the date for the day it is predicting. (occasionally i screw that up). it makes more sense to say "biases for jan 5"--meaning going into jan 5, no? if i posted the current jan 4 date, it wouldn't be current for people checking after midnight.

#12     Jan 4, 2007
  3. Art - 070104collinsd.gif was used for biases on 1/5/2007.
    I am saying the file should be 070105collinsd.gif.
    Keep in mind, inside of the GIF, there is NO DATE....so it's impossible to ever go back and review...

#13     Jan 4, 2007
  4. syswizard wrote
    Art - 070104collinsd.gif was used for biases on 1/5/2007.
    I am saying the file should be 070105collinsd.gif.
    Keep in mind, inside of the GIF, there is NO DATE....so it's impossible to ever go back and review...
    i'm still a little confused as to how you would reference the files without going back to the entries--or if you do create a file, why you wouldn't just label each as you desire. but ok--i aims to please. i'll include a heading at the top of each chart starting monday with the date of the day being predicted. (To change the gif number would be to do something different than what tigershark desires, and knowing me, that would result in many misprints)

#14     Jan 5, 2007
  5. I've always just put the date on the chart. No big deal.

Art, I really appreciate what you do. I find it very useful for the type of trading I do. Thanks!

Good luck and regards to all (and a Happy New Year!)

ETUser

#15     Jan 5, 2007
  6. Art's futures biases for Jan 8.

A "1" means bullish bias. A "-1" means bearish bias. The total is the sum of biases. A positive sum will be long bias. A negative sum will be a short bias. A sum of zero will be a neutral bias.

The only uncontested play for Monday is continued selling in the bond complex. We may see something more definitive in the indexes on Tuesday when the day-of-month indicator shifts from long to short.

#16     Jan 7, 2007
  7. ETUserisme wrote
    I've always just put the date on the chart. No big deal.

Art, I really appreciate what you do. I find it very useful for the type of trading I do. Thanks!

Good luck and regards to all (and a Happy New Year!)

and i always appreciate feedback (positive feedback feels the best!) thanks. may you also have a happy and profitable new year.

#17     Jan 7, 2007
  8. And how about this then? My wife looked your site "pardogroup" and said: "He looks like a very nice man." I've been married to her for 50 years and she's never said anything half as nice to me! You must have something! :)

#18     Jan 8, 2007
  9. Art's futures biases for Jan 9.

A "1" means bullish bias. A "-1" means bearish bias. The total is the sum of biases. A positive sum will be long bias. A negative sum will be a short bias. A sum of zero will be a neutral bias.

The day-of-month indicator has just shifted into sell mode, making the overall calendar biases negative. The Nasdaq and Russell both confirm in the either-ors. No signals are contradicting. Cautious shorts would be reasonable for Tuesday.
    You could also sell the bond complex, particularly the 30-year. Note the -6 rating in the either-ors.

#19     Jan 8, 2007
  10. ETuserisme wrote

And how about this then? My wife looked your site "pardogroup" and said: "He looks like a very nice man." I've been married to her for 50 years and she's never said anything half as nice to me! You must have something!

woa! i like that even better! thanks, mrs. ET!

#20     Jan 8, 2007