Odds Czar: Simple Biases in the Futures Markets 2006

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Art Collins, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Art's futures biases for February 15.

A "1" means bullish bias. A "-1" means bearish bias. The total is the sum of biases. A positive sum will be long bias. A negative sum will be a short bias. A sum of zero will be a neutral bias.

#51     Feb 14, 2006
  2. It's a thin market and I'll approach it with caution, but the Swiss Franc on the short side is my favorite target for tomorrow.

You might also see some softening in the indexes, particularly the S&P, but don't get too carried away with profit potential ideas. Days following big moves like Tuesday tend to offer small ranges and choppy action.

#52     Feb 15, 2006
  3. Art's futures biases for February 16.

A "1" means bullish bias. A "-1" means bearish bias. The total is the sum of biases. A positive sum will be long bias. A negative sum will be a short bias. A sum of zero will be a neutral bias.

#53     Feb 15, 2006
  4. The most pronounced bias for Thursday is a short in the Nasdaq. Sell signals are coming out of all three of the Czar groups.

#54     Feb 16, 2006
  5. Art's futures biases for February 17.

#55     Feb 16, 2006
  6. gkishot

gkishot

Didn't Nasdaq make a strong rally on Thursday?

#56     Feb 16, 2006
  7. yes

#57     Feb 16, 2006
  8. gkishot

gkishot

ok.

#58     Feb 16, 2006
  9. For Friday, all three Czar groups in the indexes are signaling sells. This may be a great time to heed what they're saying as the markets have been exceedingly overbought of late.

I just submitted the technical trading book that I've been slaving over for the last six months to the publisher. Watch for it. In the meantime, I hereby pronounce myself ready to tear into research again full force.

#59     Feb 17, 2006
  10. i must sheepishly offer a slight correction re friday's posting. although i will be trading all three indexes from the short side today, two of the three indidicators are flashing sells and one box is neutral across the board. i had mistakenly said there were unanimous sell indicators--undoubtedly because i was noting the line above the final one in the first box.
    just one of the hazards of being 53 years old. again though, it doesn't alter my overall feelings.
    (thank you for your understanding)

#60     Feb 17, 2006