Odds Czar: Simple Biases in the Futures Markets 2005

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Art Collins, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Here are my futures biases for December 19.

A "1" means bullish bias. A "-1" means bearish bias. The total is the sum of biases. A positive sum will be long (L) bias. A negative sum will be a short (S) bias. A sum of zero will be a neutral (0) bias.

#161     Dec 18, 2005
  2. Here are my futures biases for December 20.

A "1" means bullish bias. A "-1" means bearish bias. The total is the sum of biases. A positive sum will be long (L) bias. A negative sum will be a short (S) bias. A sum of zero will be a neutral (0) bias.

#162     Dec 19, 2005
  3. Here are my futures biases for December 21.

#163     Dec 20, 2005
  4. Here are my futures biases for December 22.

#164     Dec 21, 2005
  5. Here are my futures biases for December 23.

#165     Dec 22, 2005
  6. Here are my futures biases for December 27.

#166     Dec 25, 2005
  7. Here are my futures biases for December 28.

#167     Dec 27, 2005
  8. fader

fader

hi Art - i have done a draft backtest of your bias rules with ES - my data is limited, from mid 2002 to mid 2005

with the base case of using +-1 as the threshold, i get a 56% win rate and a 1.4 profit factor

raising the threshold to +-3 and greater, increases the win to 59% and profit factor to 1.5

going to +-4 and greater, i get 65% and 2.0

do these numbers seem reasonable to you? (i still need to double check and clean up my code).

i am not too focused on profit factors at the moment, since you are presenting these rules as a directional bias - these win percentage rates look encouraging, i.e. seem to indicate that your bias rules have a positive expectation.

also, rule 1. The 2-day average is less than the 5-day average. - is this average of (H+L)/2 ? or something else?

thanks for sharing your work and all the best.

#168     Dec 28, 2005
  9. Here are my futures biases for December 30.

#169     Dec 29, 2005
  10. #170     Jan 2, 2006