Odds Czar: Simple Biases In the Futures Market: 2008

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Art Collins, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Art's futures biases for Jan 14.

A "1" means bullish bias. A "-1" means bearish bias. The total is the sum of biases. A positive sum will be long bias. A negative sum will be a short bias. A sum of zero will be a neutral bias.

#11     Jan 13, 2008
  2. Art's futures biases for Jan 11.

A "1" means bullish bias. A "-1" means bearish bias. The total is the sum of biases. A positive sum will be long bias. A negative sum will be a short bias. A sum of zero will be a neutral bias.

According to the CzarCharts, the best bet for Tuesday would be the long side of the currencies, particularly the euro.

#12     Jan 14, 2008
  3. Art's futures biases for Jan 16.

For Wednesday, the currencies continue to show an up-side bias, particularly the euro and Swiss franc. The indices are urging buys on the strength of the calendar indicators. Obviously, these are scary times, but I'm starting to regard the short side as the riskiest of positions. Any time now, Bernanke can come in with a surprise rate cut--possibly deeper than anyone anticipates. I'd hate to be on the wrong side of that inevitable up-side spike, however short-lived it may be.
    That aside, we're seeing a steep after-hours drop off bad Intel news. If the market opens sharply lower on the regular opening, I would be even more inclined to follow the Czar signals.

#13     Jan 15, 2008
  4. Art's futures biases for Jan 17.

For Thursday, the indices are in full-buy mode. The currencies also project higher.

#14     Jan 16, 2008
  5. Art's futures biases for Jan 18.

I'd like to assure my readers, I'm not merely throwing predictions out there with no regard for consequences. I've been losing a substantial amount of money trying to get long the indices as the anvil keeps falling. This has not been a good start for 08.

I took off my positions about 66 percent of the way down and put them back out again on the close. I'm long the market on inter-day systems I follow, and as you can see, the CzarCharts continue to concur. I will remain on the long side for Friday and frankly, I'm not too rattled about it. The more we hemorrhage, the closer we get to the inevitable, (probably similarly extreme) rally. Keep in mind also that a surprise rate move continues to be a possibility and presents greater danger to the short rather than long side.

As always in these extreme environments, you will have to exercise caution commensurate with your risk tolerance and financial situation.

#15     Jan 17, 2008
  6. Art's futures biases for Jan 18.

The CzarCharts are urging sells in the bond complex for Tuesday. The indices are mixed, but if the bond indicators are correct, that should portend a long-overdue upside move in the stock sector.

#16     Jan 18, 2008
  7. Art's futures biases for Jan 18.

For Wednesday, the indices are flashing solid buy signals while the bond complex is equally adamant about the down-side. Obviously, extreme caution is urged in the current hyper-environment.

#17     Jan 22, 2008
  8. Art's futures biases for Jan 24.

The bonds are presenting a clear sell signal for Thursday. The index signals are mixed, but a down bond market would probably suggest further buying in the stock sector.

#18     Jan 23, 2008
  9. Art's futures biases for Jan 25.

There is not a definitive signal anywhere for Friday, although I would tend to believe the majority direction showing in the indices. Everything except the calendar indicators are pointing to the short side and we certainly have seen a quick recovery that may be verging on overbought. I would be especially inclined to sell off sharply higher openings.

#19     Jan 24, 2008
  10. Art's futures biases for Jan 28.

#20     Jan 25, 2008