Oddiduro's Trading Oddessy

Discussion in 'Journals' started by oddiduro, Jan 11, 2003.

1. odd,

AZO looks like a short to me, and IBM looks like a long. be careful ! i am curious, have you tested the "circle of confilict" concept to see if murray's percentage claim is accurate ??

surfer

#51     Jan 13, 2003
  2. The circle of conflicts seem to have no intrinsic value, at least not to me. I use the price levels primarily.

I am also aware that the indications that being given are countertrend in nature.

The rules are strict, entry must be precise or there can be no trade.

If IBM opens where it is right now, there will be no short today.

It also looks as if there will be some large gaps up. This will trigger some frame shifts I am sure.

You daytraders out there should be able get something out of MSFT pretty quickly, it is up .75 cents in premarket.

#52     Jan 13, 2003
  3. Yo Oddball, so if u dont use the 'circles of constipation', are u really sure u r a 'MurreyMathman'? Or r u just doing what the rest of us are doing (i.e. observing where the s/r forms, using it as entry/exit pts?)

Of do you still have to multiply everything by 8, subtract the number someone else first thought of, then roll those chunky 10-sided 'square' dice...???

#53     Jan 13, 2003
  4. Oddiduro is going long on AZO at 69.05. One Jan 60 call.

Stop at 68.62.

#54     Jan 13, 2003
  5. Oddiduro is going short 100 shares of AYE at 9.63.
    Stop at 10.06

#55     Jan 13, 2003
  6. Trading options? Why buy a deep in the money option? Problems raising enough money to have a margin account?

Deep in the money options are for losers who cannot afford to trade futs or the stocks.

AZOAL, which is the symbol for AZO has a .30 bid ask spread...so you lose 30 cents right off the bat, and the open interest is only 28, very very thin market. Just try getting out at a decent price.

Sheesh.

And this journal was supposed to be for newbies.......

NEWBIES BEWARE!!! THIS ODDIOHAHAHA KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT TRADING REAL MONEY!!!!

#56     Jan 13, 2003
  7. Aware of all that you posted. Stopped out right away.

Loss of 32 dollars.

#57     Jan 13, 2003
  8. Loss of 32 dollars + commissions...and with a 30 cent spread, you would lose more than 32 dollars.....

Are you teaching your newbie traders that you can trade in and out of an option with only a 2 dollar commission?

Since the bid ask was 30 cents, and the stock went down immediately after you recommended it, the stop would have to be placed below the bid on a deep in the money option with only 5 days of life remaining, which would be at a minimum 10 cents below the bid...which would mean at least a 40 cent loss in the trade if stopped out.

In fact, how could you only lose 32 dollars, when the increment moves in that option are at a 10 cent clip?

For a math major, things just don't add up very well for you, do they?

One thing is certain, it was not a real trade, as there is no volume in AZOAL today.

#58     Jan 13, 2003
  9. nkhoi

nkhoi

I don't see vol either hm...

#59     Jan 13, 2003
  10. I concur. No volume in that option today.

#60     Jan 13, 2003