Oddiduro's Trading Oddessy

Discussion in 'Journals' started by oddiduro, Jan 11, 2003.

1. birgulino, you don't make any sense to me...

1. He's trying to prove a point, look back at MM thread... But he denies, doesn't accept, and acknowledge his flaws... as a trader, a typical loss trap. If he is a trader, he should at least have some understanding of his trades or actions...

2. Bashers, eh? So you're blaming others for what's happening. LOL... look at him, he brought it onto himself. Another loss trap for traders... blaming outside interference for his own trade/action.

3. He will never get respect for good calls. Of course, it's hypothetical, it's fake... Did you know that I can fly like superman? Oh... it's my hypothetical WDGann... he's superman's cousin... LOL... gimme a break... What's he trying to prove here? All good traders live a hypothetical life???? LOL... It maybe virtual but it's still reality.

4. Good call is good call. Sure, it is... but from his claims in MM thread about him calling market price to 1 cent... let's see him do that.. Surf did it... let's see...

5. birgulino, are you a paper trader too or trade full time?

#31     Jan 12, 2003
  2. As a Gann guy, let me say this... You've never read Gann's courses... You've only read his book which is practically a "How to" trading book. Now, you claim to be a Gannist and come up with Galileo and all the other type of stuff. From my understanding, all your information is, "Guru said, "Gann said this, Gann said that." Guru said this, Guru said that"

I haven't studied MM but I think I have a good idea about how Murrey works from his charts. Sarasota bought the material and told me a few things and I had the overview of how it works right. Sure, I'm critisizing MM for all the bogus claims. Now, some of your MM fellows come up and go against that. We tell you to prove it, Odd, you come in and challenge surf, and was way off.

Again, you and all the MMs in ET brought it on to yourself... Now you are getting the results from not covering your position and accepting the loss and your flaws. Just like trading... but you don't seem to get it... that's why you're a paper trader. You can't accept your flaws and struggling with the negativity...

#32     Jan 12, 2003
  3. "5. birgulino, are you a paper trader too or trade full time?"

- I am convinced that it really does not matter what my answer is. The majority of you guys had already decided a long time ago that "MurreyMath as such does not work" - it may not work, it will not work because it never has. No matter what! Why does it not work? Because you think so. Certain people on this thread keep bashing everybody who has a different opinion. Which is not fair.
    - I do dot have any intentions to participate in a pissing contest. I have better things to do. I have only one request (if I may): would you guys at least please give the benefit of the doubt. There may be some newbies out there who may benefit. they are here to learn, to find some new ideas. Thank you for your understanding.
    - And to answer your question: I run a small hedge fund (below eight digits) and several separate accts. Oh heay, before I forget: I trade based on MurreyMath. And I love it!:)

#33     Jan 12, 2003
  4. OK... then traderbambu... you run a hedge fund...

Then let's take MM out of the picture and concentrate on Oddiot. Do you agree and approve of his actions?

I get critisized for my trading style and my handle name... and I know and knew how esoteric analysis in not well accepted...

Still, what do you, traderbambu, think of Oddiott...???

#34     Jan 12, 2003
  5. "OK... then traderbambu... you run a hedge fund...

Then let's take MM out of the picture and concentrate on Oddiot. Do you agree and approve of his actions?

I get critisized for my trading style and my handle name... and I know and knew how esoteric analysis in not well accepted...

Still, what do you, traderbambu, think of Oddiott...???"

Realistically, there is no way of knowing whether he papertrades or he trades with real money. In my opinion it does not matter if he makes his market calls something like this: "On daily chart, XYZ stock is up 7/8 distance on MM, right on 8/8MML, I am recommending to go short here at $87.50 My stoploss would be at $89.25, profittarget: if it drops to $84.38 (down 2/8) I would cover half of my position, trying to ride the rest, hopefully to 83 where I would get out". And if the stock has good liquidity, it simply does not matter if he did execute a trade or just gave advice (papertrade). For those that are here to learn, this would have value (at least it would inspire them to look into this strategy). Let him make his calls. It is not about one trade or even a dozen trades. It's about staying in the game, making disciplined trades, and never getting whacked big.
    We are all different, one strategy may work for me, another one for you, a third one for another person. Let Oddiduro post his trades or trading recommendations in peace, if they are successful they may inspire some others who can benefit. That's why we are here!
    Let's pray that there be no war and the economy catches up soon.

#35     Jan 12, 2003
  6. He he he... I take the above post as "no comment" with all Oddiott's claims and posts he's made...

#36     Jan 12, 2003
  7. You should only compete against yourself.

Doubling $3000 can be easy and at the same time proves nothing, unless you can do it consistently every month using the same starting capital, that is $3000.

I agree, except that they are not real traders but mentors. Trading is not complicated, it is simple and can be easy if you have a well defined set of rules and guts to follow your system of rules, be it mechanical or discretionary. That's all there is to trading.

#37     Jan 12, 2003
  8. Did you forget to log out, birgulino?

P.S. Who here on ET does not run a hedge fund with a balance in the lower eight digits? :)

#38     Jan 12, 2003
  9. "P.S. Who here on ET does not run a hedge fund with a balance in the lower eight digits? "
    Is it bothering you? :)

#39     Jan 12, 2003
  10. I coming to think... Oddiduro might be number of guys from Bambu's MurreyMath Message Board... like sharing knowledge, idea, and prediction within themselves... posting it here as a single handle...

Don't know...

Anyways... Bambu... it was your mistake to let Oddiot come take over trying to out-post us...

It used to be ignorant people talking dissing Murrey. Now, it's
    Oddiduro=Murrey Math (I did warn him...), Oddiduro=Fake, Oddiduro=Unrealistic un-trader-like claims and comments.

So in result MurreyMath = Fake, Unrealistic un-traderlike paper trading system....

Seriously, you brought it to yourself... Oddiott sure was a good spokesman for MM in Elite...

#40     Jan 12, 2003