Oddiduro's Trading Oddessy

Discussion in 'Journals' started by oddiduro, Jan 11, 2003.

1. Why are people bashing Oddidiohohoho?

Go back and read the MM thread when Oddidiohohoho burst onto the scene. Check out his attitude. You will see why so many people bash him, myself included.

If he would simply apologize for having been such an ass, join the community rather than placing himself in a position of superiority--either as a trader, a paper trader, or someone who uses a particular system--I think the bashing would stop.

Also, if his focus is on the "newbies" and he is a real trader, he should emphasize that any system is only as good as the ability to execute it.

Paper traders NEVER talk about execution of the system, or the risks and emotional challenges it takes to execute any trading system in real time with their own money at risk.....as they have no direct experience of those factors. On paper it is easy, in fact it is not.

I believe that you can take a good trader, a good executioner, and give him any winning system to trade and he will do well.

On the other hand, you can take a bad trader, give him the best system, and he will fail.

Until I hear Oddidiohohoho talking like a real trader, I keep him in the category of a theoretical math major, living in an ivory tower away from the reality of the markets and trading.

#21     Jan 12, 2003
  2. odd,

it is comendable that you are posting a journal, and i look forward to seeing murrymyth crushed into oblivion by the rigers of the real market. However, i am very confused---- when you challenged marketsurfer to a microsoft calling contest--marketsurfer call the low in MSFT by 1 penny--- you were WAY WAY OFF utilizing murrymyth. calling a stock within one penny is what murreymyth himself claims to do on a regular basis-- surfer did this, in real time, before the fact, here on elite trader. but that is beside the point. the point here is--did you ever even acknowledge that you lost the contest and congratulate marketsurfer on a phenomenial call ?? NO NO NO NO NO. it is this attitude exactly why you are getting a hard time here, the et traders rip on you when you are dishonest and help you when you are honest. just trying to help you odd one. and by the way IBM is going up.

jack

#22     Jan 12, 2003
  3. I concur with your comments...obviously.

IBM going up? Any other recommendations?

#23     Jan 12, 2003

4. Thank You for the kind words. I realized that there are some trader "ghosts" on this site, that didn't make it after several years, and now are here simply to tell others that it cannot be done.

I became aware of Elite Trader after TraderBambu, a trader who trades MM in real time came to another MM group and commented that this is a site full of ignorance.

Since I am a postion trader, I do have a good amount of time on my hands, so I joined and began reading the MurreyMath thread.

A few, some of whom have followed me here, attacked a system that they have NEVER even STUDIED, much less TRADED.

I challenged Marketsurfer to a trading contest in real time.

I went and scalped a short trade on MSFT during a rampant up day.

I realized that I had misread surfer, that he actually does trade, and is bold enough to post his calls, rather than hide behind a teminal and throw stones, as some here do.

I also recognized that there is a deep attitude of cynicism on this site, and many new traders will get discouraged from that crap.

Some here are so simple as to be unable to focus on trading, but rather decide to focus on why I use my handle in the third person at times.

They believe Oddiduro is fictional paper trader, so I will allow them to continue in that belief. So this will be a trading journal from Oddiduro, the fictional paper trader.

Thank You again for your encouragement, and the confirmation that there are many on this site looking for assistance in their calling, but are also frustrated at the old and bitter failures who would rather lead them to failure as well.

#24     Jan 12, 2003

5. I said to surfer in a private email that my sentiment had changed. MSFT was at 54 at the time. I also said that the 56 market call was very soft, but I trade what I see at the time. When I saw something different, I changed my stance immediately. As I have told others, with surfers permission, I will post that archived email, and the chart that went with it.

#25     Jan 12, 2003
  6. So let me understand this, whoever is the author of the above quote.

The trades you post, are they paper trades by you? Or is it Oddidiohohoho, or is it the spirit of Murrey being channeled by you, or are there other multiple personalities involved with the posting of this journal?

Dude, all you have to do to silence the critics is put up, and they will shut up.

That you have a need to create some "fictional" thread only underscores your paper trading mentality.

Just post the damn trades, it is that simple. Post real trades, not fictional ones.

All you can prove with paper trades is that you can be a good paper trader, but then you have still proven nothing about real trading.

You just don't get it, do you? Or should I say "Oddiduro doesn't get it?"

#26     Jan 12, 2003
  7. since i am computer luddite, i am unable to post challenge qoutes here, where murreymirth collapsed when faced with the MSFT challenge. perhaps 777 or another puter wiz will post.

none the less, your call on AZO is wrong. a buy set up ?? R U CRAZY ?? this is a classic short situation. i pray that no newbies are looking over your shoulder on this one. AZO is going to DROP

jack

#27     Jan 12, 2003
  8. I will look back to the MM thread to post the facts of the challenge by Oddiduro, the meeting of the challenge by Marketsurfer, the results of the challenge (in which Marketsurfer came within a penny) and the unwillingness of Oddiduro to admit that he lost that challenge, yet has refused to admit that "his" system of trading was proven less than Marketsurfer's system on that trade.

#28     Jan 12, 2003

9. In case you have not noticed, most people around here have some sort of strategy. If they did not trust it, they would probably either change to something else, or quit trading altogether.

No shortage of people willing to share or make calls on this site. Look around, every one or two days there is a new prognosticator.

Can I help it if someone may be a masochist?

Paper trades and calls are just that, predictions. Make real trades, with real money, and justify/explain them before you put them on. That MIGHT get you respect around here.

See above. Post real predictions before the trade, trade them with real money, and post real results.

Pay attention to the bashers. They hold their attitudes and opinions because (in most cases) they have been around this site, and will continue to be around this site, longer than the fly-by-night paper traders, hucksters, shills, and service salesmen.

Ditto. What he said.

#29     Jan 12, 2003
  10. I don't get it...

Now, you're a hypothetical guy??? Huh??? Is this guy a schitzo or some kinda freak??? Your logic is beyond my comprehension...

So what... these trades are hypothetical... so whether you make good calls or not, it doesn't matter then... Or are you going to use that hypothetical sh*t to cover your loss trap? or be boastful when it goes right...

Do you really think other people are stupid enough not to realize you're a paper trader? A lot of people are ignorant but they're not stupid as they seem...

Mind as well, leave ET. Go back to Yahoo! Chat or Murrey Message Board and live you life in fantasy...

#30     Jan 12, 2003