Oddiduro's Trading Oddessy

Discussion in 'Journals' started by oddiduro, Jan 11, 2003.

1. This story is written for beginning traders, so that more traders can see profits right away, rather than have to jump through the hoops and rings that others set before them.

The legendary trader, W.D. Gann, also used this when he published his trades in a popular newspaper of his day.

Oddiduro read a book written by Murrey that shows that Gann used the SQ of 10 to do this.

Oddiduro will now duplicate this feat in modern times, using a modern forum.

#11     Jan 12, 2003
  2. nitro

nitro

:confused:

nitro

#12     Jan 12, 2003
  3. Arf! Actually, "Duffman" in the Simpsons continually refers to himself 3rd person. "Oh-Oh, Duffman takes a beating..."

#13     Jan 12, 2003
  4. You guys are gonna be laughing on the other side of your virtual face when the Oddball really starts to rock! He's gonna blow surf outta the water! Go OddMan! Go!

#14     Jan 12, 2003
  5. This is not a competition. I have a competitive nature, but to compete against surf is something that I have no desire to do.
    I'll leave the competitions to the chess matches that I play.

The only purpose to this thread is to show beginning traders that they can double their money very quickly, using a well defined set of rules.

Someone else noted something about postion sizing and scale. Oddiduro discovers that postion sizing is built into the MM system, if the rules are followed.

Not risking more than 10% on one trade makes postion sizing automatic if stops are predefined.

The so called professionals make a profession out of making trading harder than it really is.

#15     Jan 12, 2003
  6. Them

Them

It doesn't get much more plain and simple then that.

#16     Jan 12, 2003
  7. Them

Them

"The so called professionals make a profession out of making trading harder than it really is."

It doesn't get much more plain and simple then that!

#17     Jan 12, 2003
  8. Very interesting.

First Oddidosybil starts out in the first paragraph using "I" to communicate his thoughts:

"This is not a competition. I have a competitive nature, but to compete against surf is something that I have no desire to do. I'll leave the competitions to the chess matches that I play."

Then in the third paragraph, Oddidosybil once again begins his illeistic tendencies by referring to himself in the third person:

"Someone else noted something about postion sizing and scale. Oddiduro discovers that postion sizing is built into the MM system, if the rules are followed."

I wonder just how many of the multiple personalities we are going to see come out of Oddidosybil over the course of this journal.....

http://www.reel.com/content/boxart/vhs/6672.GIF

#18     Jan 12, 2003
  9. Ricky Henderson (the baseball player) had a habit of refering to himself in the third person.

#19     Jan 12, 2003
  10. I have to compliment Oddiduro for many reasons.

- He does have a trading strategy and his trust is in it.
    - He does want to share his knowledge with others/new traders
    just as he had stated it on several occasions.
    - He is willing to put his trade calls/recommendations here for public scrutiny - as I look around I can see that not too many people have chosen to do so it the past.
    - He is willing to tolerate the relentless bashing from some people who obviously have nothing else to do with their time and their only joy in life is to publicly ridicule others.
    - Even if he makes only papertrades (as some here say) : it is simply irrelevant. If he makes a good call (name of stock, trade action, stoploss and profit target) and gives reasoning for that particular trade - that is still a good call! That is the most that can be expected on ET!
    - But let me make a prediction here Oddiduro. You will never get respect on this forum. The reason is very simple: no matter how many good/profitable trades (or trade recommendations) you post here, some people will simply say that you lied/you are still stupid because those results "simply cannot be achieved"/you got lucky/etc., etc., etc. Even if you provided an audited brokerage statement they would question it. It is part of human nature: a confused mind always says 'no' - a confused mind will never ask how it can be done - because their mind says it cannot be done.
    - Anyway, do not pay attention to the bashers, bashing is their hobby, part of their life style. Go ahead and post those trades (or trade recommendations): the newbies and those who are open to at least look at new things will appreciate your efforts.
    That is why Elitrader.com was created - this was not supposed to be the forum for bashers, this place supposed to be where people get together to share their views, knowledge about the markets.

Keep up the good work!:)

#20     Jan 12, 2003