Odd lots vs all or none trades...

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by Cabin111, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Cabin111

Cabin111

Questions about the above. I wish to buy 200 shares of XYZ stock. Say I put in my price 1/2 way between the bid/ask. If I do a "all or none" I move to the back of the line behind all the people who have odd lots (or 100 share lots) moving in front of me. If I don't do a "all or none", I could end up with an odd lot(s) for the day (having to pay full price for the trade). I am talking about Fidelity and Schwab. How can I make sure I don't end up with an odd lot or end up with 2 separate 100 share trades and the fees that go with them??

2. zdreg

zdreg

only one fee is charged no matter how the order is broken up. suppose your order for 200 shares is filled 100 shares then 75 shares then 25 shares normal industry practice is to be charged one fee,

3. If you're lucky, the internalizer will just fill you entirely.

Other than that , the only way to guarantee a full fill is to wait until the size is showing and pay the offer.

Sucks , right?

4. Price time priority is violated only by the AON requirement. If an order matches or crosses yours, and it is large enough, your order is filled normally.

Unless this is a very illiquid security, putting your order at the best bid and then increasing your order by the minimum tick should see it fill somewhere between the NBBO. Moving too fast will probably see you fill closer to the ask.

5. Cabin111

Cabin111

Yeah, I see this happening with closed end funds or ETFs for China...Something like that. Usually about 10,000 shares a day type of stock (fund)...