October-November wipeout

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Cuddles, Nov 20, 2018.

1. apdxyk

apdxyk

Yes, out of 18 post-war mid-term elections 18 ended up with market market making a higher mark in 12 months. that's 18 out of 18

#21     Nov 20, 2018
  2. ironchef

ironchef

Where were you when I needed you? :(

#22     Nov 20, 2018
  3. sle

sle

If you had to give it a statistical significance, what do you think it would be? Considering that the market has gone up on average.

#23     Nov 20, 2018
    d08 likes this.
  4. schweiz

schweiz

Like..... Bitcoin hodlers?

BAGHODLER
    This is an investor or a trader who has been holding (or hodling) for too long a period on a particular cryptocurrency and shall now face the outcomes of this decision.

#24     Nov 21, 2018
    El OchoCinco likes this.
  5. d08

d08

Agreed. 12 months is too long of a period and sample size of 48 is not meaningful.

#25     Nov 21, 2018
  6. Palindrome

Palindrome

Trading account only up 1.8% this month. Took 10 days off and floated around the Carib. I don’t trade on vacation. I’m typically drinking at times and I never ever drink and trade...ever.

If I were home I would have been up about 4% to 6% for November based on my back tests. Great trading market this month if you understand markets. Markets move so technical in higher vol points in time...it makes the game easier contrary to most opinions.

#26     Nov 21, 2018
  7. Bekim

Bekim

I'm pretty happy with my results this year, I am a Delta neutral trader and I have made money every month up until now. I pretty much broke even in October and November looks like I'M gonna have a small loss. Learned some things from my losing trades.

#27     Nov 21, 2018
  8. TTT

TTT

Europe is very cheap

#28     Nov 24, 2018
  9. d08

d08

In my opinion, bad time for a holiday, -ber months tend to be great. February and August seem to be the best for holidaying based on the data. Not that I would take one, of course, lol.

#29     Nov 24, 2018
  10. I've been under trading- didn't realise I am using 1/8 of my margin account-and that's in real money in the UK,not the x2 in the US

#30     Nov 25, 2018