October-November wipeout

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Cuddles, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Cuddles

Cuddles

Post your horror stories, we're your support group.

2. schweiz

schweiz

You mean financial support group????? :D

wrbtrader likes this.
  3. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I think too many traders underestimated the impact of the markets by all of the politics (e.g. mid-term elections) that was being hyped in October and then peaking the first week of November. It is a market tendency in which someone can see in the historical data of prior mid term elections.

Now that its all over, volatility is starting revert back to its mean.

Traders too consumed by the politics while trading...dangerous thing to do. Hopefully this group will prepare you for the next trading into the mid term elections.

wrbtrader

4. I switched out of growth stuff in August/September or so in my passive account, still up 10% on the year.

5. SteveM

SteveM

Stayed flat for the run-up over the last 2 years - didn't "believe" in the Trump-twitter-pump rally.

Bought the recent mid-term dip like a good, "disciplined" trader.

Found out I was left holding the bag.

Hurts man.

6. maxinger

maxinger

Post your horror stories ?

hmmmm. Post your great success stories please.

7. Maverick1

Maverick1

Did you over-ride your system rules in doing that?

8. schweiz

schweiz

Probably there are more horror stories then great success stories. So easier to find people who post. :D
    On top of that great success stories will be considered as fake. Better for the ego of most people. They prefer to hear horror stories, ............... like theirs.

Support groups need other people that give you the impression you are not the loser, they are.

TTT, Sprout and Cuddles like this.
  9. maxinger

maxinger

good point mister.

Those who already earnt tons of money and have reached financial freedom probably stopped trading, and are going round the world for holiday.

10. No. The passive account has no system

#10     Nov 20, 2018