October 2nd 2006, Black Monday?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dan05, Sep 15, 2006.

1. dan05

dan05

You are right CommunistMonkey

The thread should be restated Beatdown !

Now according to the update, it could have begun. And might not be on a sigle day. You have to follow the update every day at 19:00

I'll try to post them, so we can discuss how it evolves.

#11     Sep 22, 2006
  2. I like that trade. When OIH comes down closer to or just under 120 I will nibble at it long. Currently short SPY.

As for the crash "prediction", a stopped clock is always right 2x per day...I am sure there will be a crash on Oct 2nd...sometimes between the year 2006 and the year 3006! That's the closest I can narrorw it down. And I will look like a hero when it occurs :p

#12     Sep 22, 2006
  3. dan05

dan05

:)

Crash might be too much. Still I would be aware. The predictions are generally better the closer to the present. So the update every day, is important.

In intraday prediction you generally get a better fitting for the next 2/3 hours than for the rest of the day.

Still, check this. It had a good fitting almost all day.

#13     Sep 22, 2006
  4. Yeah, exactly-as for the date, it just "feels" right, i do a kinda homemade intuitive/quasi -gann thing, comes up with some surpising results, on occasion.

Still just a hunch though.

:)

#14     Sep 23, 2006
  5. Hey dan why don't you short all those 50 markets if you believe the stuff about Black Monday? Oh that's right...

#15     Sep 24, 2006
  6. When the next substantial crash happens, every trader and predictor program will never have seen it coming. Not looking forward to it either.

#16     Sep 24, 2006
  7. Now if there is to be a crash soon, the only day it won't be is Nov 3 because someone has predicted it.

#17     Sep 24, 2006
  8. dan05

dan05

Hey Renegen.

I'm a day trader. I place trades for no more that 2% of my FUM, make 3/4 trades per day, following the intraday prediction provided by them.

I never trade the daily predictions thay provide, but generally check it, and intraday trust more the trades in the same direction as the daily prediction. Just that.

I know some traders do great with options following their predictions.

So, that day, I'll probably trade the shorts, and the longs, but with tighter stops. That's it.

I'm here for the long run. Not to make billions with one trade.

#18     Sep 24, 2006
  9. frank99

frank99

Just out of curiousity, did anyone predict the crash in '87?

#19     Sep 24, 2006
  10. A number did.

And some then spent the next 15 years predicting similar or larger crashes incorrectly while dining out on their big success (Prechter, Elliot Wave). Predicting it isn't imo the real issue. The real issue is to make money out of the predictions you make :)

If you want to be on the right side of (predict the) crashes just look at daily and weekly charts and draw a few trendlines. Look for exhuberance followed by a lower low. Then "trade in the direction of the trend." If you doubt the simplicity of this prescription then use yahoo to download the dow data since 1928 and just study the crashes.

#20     Sep 24, 2006