October 2nd 2006, Black Monday?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dan05, Sep 15, 2006.

1. romik

There are times when markets are news driven, no system can predict that. Also, I am not certain, but did the system predict some sort of Black Monday or a decline?

EDIT: I think looking at the initial chart, the system predicted a head and shoulder pattern, which hasn't happened as the DOW continued to the upside. What was the reasoning, i don't know.
    #101     Oct 3, 2006
  2. blk

Dan05's latest DJIA "prediction" was posted yesterday. Just scroll up a few posts. (I dont know how to link to his attachment, else I would've posted it here).

According to his chart, the Dow should be around 16000 today. But its at new highs instead - this is not even a possibility in his system's "prediction".

Dan, care to update the system's "prediction"?
    #102     Oct 3, 2006
  3. dan05

Hi BLK,

Attached the update from the system. Check how it changed the prediction with respect to the original I posted, computing the last market days activity.

There is still a down trend probability. Seems logical to have a market correction the following week.

Take care

#103     Oct 8, 2006
  4. Buy1Sell2

Great call!!
    #104     Oct 14, 2006
  5. Buy1Sell2

You did get out of these right?
    #105     Oct 14, 2006
  6. blk

There have been too many people starting - "this is the top" threads. Now we can add Dan's "predictor system" to that list too :p
    #106     Oct 14, 2006
  7. Now, everyone is bullish (just about).
    #107     Oct 14, 2006
  8. frank99

Ok, it's official. Now, I'm bullish.

In fact, I bet most people have switched to a bullish position. Some are later than others. Myself included. LOL

Now that most are bullish, does this mean we are going to be heading into a bear market?

BTW, I saw the charge, and the prediction system was updated recently to include "anything can happen" LOL.

#108     Oct 14, 2006
  9. S2007S

After seeing many bears switch to bull mode I think im leaning towards going long this week too.

Im short and actually thinking of adding some long positions:

#109     Oct 14, 2006