October 2nd 2006, Black Monday?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dan05, Sep 15, 2006.

1. romik

romik

There are times when markets are news driven, no system can predict that. Also, I am not certain, but did the system predict some sort of Black Monday or a decline?

EDIT: I think looking at the initial chart, the system predicted a head and shoulder pattern, which hasn't happened as the DOW continued to the upside. What was the reasoning, i don't know.

#101     Oct 3, 2006
  2. blk

blk

Dan05's latest DJIA "prediction" was posted yesterday. Just scroll up a few posts. (I dont know how to link to his attachment, else I would've posted it here).

According to his chart, the Dow should be around 16000 today. But its at new highs instead - this is not even a possibility in his system's "prediction".

Dan, care to update the system's "prediction"?

#102     Oct 3, 2006
  3. dan05

dan05

Hi BLK,

Attached the update from the system. Check how it changed the prediction with respect to the original I posted, computing the last market days activity.

There is still a down trend probability. Seems logical to have a market correction the following week.

Take care

#103     Oct 8, 2006
  4. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Great call!!

#104     Oct 14, 2006
  5. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

You did get out of these right?

#105     Oct 14, 2006
  6. blk

blk

There have been too many people starting - "this is the top" threads. Now we can add Dan's "predictor system" to that list too :p

#106     Oct 14, 2006
  7. Now, everyone is bullish (just about).

#107     Oct 14, 2006
  8. frank99

frank99

Ok, it's official. Now, I'm bullish.

In fact, I bet most people have switched to a bullish position. Some are later than others. Myself included. LOL

Now that most are bullish, does this mean we are going to be heading into a bear market?

BTW, I saw the charge, and the prediction system was updated recently to include "anything can happen" LOL.

Frank

#108     Oct 14, 2006
  9. S2007S

S2007S

After seeing many bears switch to bull mode I think im leaning towards going long this week too.

Im short and actually thinking of adding some long positions:

SMH
    RTH
    EWZ
    QLD
    HHH

#109     Oct 14, 2006