October 2nd 2006, Black Monday?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dan05, Sep 15, 2006.

1. And today was Yom Kippur.

#91     Oct 2, 2006
  2. romik

romik

So which side does the Jewish trading community favour at the mo, Long or Short?

#92     Oct 2, 2006
  3. Whichever yeilds the best results.

#93     Oct 2, 2006
  4. alesanti

alesanti

Hey, can you show an update of the daily prediction for the dow?

#94     Oct 2, 2006
  5. dan05

dan05

Hi alesanti.

Please find attached the update for the DJIA Daily prediction.

System still predicts a down turn. Any thoughts?

#95     Oct 2, 2006
  6. blk

blk

Only one - this system is nuts (atleast when it comes to swing trading)

#96     Oct 3, 2006
  7. romik

romik

I believe the system analyses TA, but there seems to be a lot of logic in DJIA being artificially driven, MyMini seemed to nail this one pretty well ages ago. Most indices were sold pretty well today in morning session.

#97     Oct 3, 2006
  8. blk

blk

Well, even if they've been artificially driving it up the Dow, havent they been doing it for days?

If I understand correctly, this system should have taken in that information to "predict" outcomes.

So markets are random. Just way too many variables to predict anything. Take oil sell-off for one - this is being pointed to as the rally's cause.

#98     Oct 3, 2006
  9. roctrend

roctrend

My thoughts are ET will continue to be a s-t fade trade as long as I live. Thanks for letting me get long early today!!!! Out

#99     Oct 3, 2006
  10. BCE

BCE

Well so much for Black Monday and Tuesday. LOL :D We misread that one, so far at least. Didn't see a Black Monday but did think the market was overbought. Who knew oil would continue to tank the way it has. Surprised. As I mentioned in another thread, you wonder if they're deliberately flooding the market to help with the Novermber elections. Lost some of my profits from Friday and yesterday this AM from having a short bias. Oh, well. That's trading. Managed to get half of it back now though. We'll see how the close goes. Good trading guys. :)

#100     Oct 3, 2006