October 2008 how was everyones month

Discussion in 'Trading' started by gimp570, Nov 1, 2008.

1. <i>"I've heard of 95% of all traders are not profitable. Well according to this thread it seems like 95% of traders ARE profitable"</i>

This October was exactly like all other months: some of the days were easy money, some required work, a few were all but untradable. That's the exact-same m.o. of every month, no exceptions.

Notable difference was the extreme ends, of course. The good days were akin to an entire week if not month's worth of profit. The few bad days were horrid. Those in between the curve ends were fine.

Business as usual, same story for November ahead.

#11     Nov 2, 2008
  2. gimp570

gimp570

But this was a crazy month....no doubt about it...

if you made good money then thats great...

but it was a tough month

#12     Nov 2, 2008
  3. why did you quote me, when what you had to say had nothing to pertain to what I wrote?

#13     Nov 2, 2008
  4. The truth is no matter how you cut it 5% of traders stay in this business over a long period of time. You'll have hot traders who rip it huge for a few years and then blow up and tons of traders who never make much and quit. Just as any profession you have a few whales who make 5-20 mil a year.It's the dreams of becoming a whale that keep people going much like a seeing the leader of a mlm standing on stage giving the dream of millions. but the figures still say few few will make it big.20 years full time for me and i've seen 100's come and go. my 1 observation is no matter how much you teach a trader he/she must feel the pain of making there own mistakes before they learn and unfortunately they must feel the pain many many times and by that time they've blown up . if you can make it its the greatest job on earth.

#14     Nov 2, 2008