October 13th

Discussion in 'Trading' started by riskfreetrading, Oct 12, 2009.

1. 1. Thanks

2. I sold WYNN at 67.49. It is now below 66. I am covering.

#11     Oct 13, 2009
  2. They are like that, and they are inconsistent in their arguments. Too tired to explain it to them.

Make sure they do not infect your mind, and you miss moves.

#12     Oct 13, 2009
  3. Thanks for the good wishes (even if I am already guaranteed a profit today :)). Could I ask this: Is it or is not true that any trade a person places is a market top or bottom in their trade time frame?

If true everyone call tops/bottoms.

EVen then who sell premium call tops, because the sell volty and therefore call a top on volty.

#13     Oct 13, 2009
  4. bingo

#14     Oct 13, 2009
  5. DrEvil

DrEvil

It's merely an observation, that taking long trades in an uptrending market is more profitable than taking short trades. Good luck.

#15     Oct 13, 2009
  6. Today felt like expiration :) Could be that they are already working on it? Or is it wait and see for earnings from banks and intel?

It was a good day for thanks to that nailing of top at 11:52AM, otherwise it was really calm on nasdaq 100.

#16     Oct 13, 2009
  7. I see your point. The difficulty that those who follow trends encounter is that they get cought twice (at end of previous trend, and end of next opposite trend) so by the time they realize it they have losses. They make make money ONLY in the middle of a trend, and lose in beginning and in the end. People may think they lose only at end, but it is not true.

I try to lose just once, and lose only percentage of it (the trend trader is guaranteed to lose both in beginning and end of trend).

That is why I spend time thinking about the ends.

A good trend trader in the sense of what you seem to imply should be in the market only a small percentage of the time, and should stay for the good middle, and should find long trends... It can also be a difficult task.

#17     Oct 13, 2009
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Nice gravity play.

#18     Oct 13, 2009
  9. You see? I told you Tuesday the 13th isn't Friday the 13th. Today wasn't such a bad day, now, was it?

#19     Oct 13, 2009
  10. Two days later, and redness is across the board. This one looks real.

The October 14 gap was a trap! Anything above high of October 12's high was games. That is why I wrote that October 13th was a day when all should have started. They delay it, but may not be able to stop it.

For me, the name of the game now is short the rallies.

I focus mainly on the Qs. They (SPY/DOW/etc) move in bunch anyway in a real move.

#20     Oct 16, 2009