Oct. 26, 2010, 1:20 p.m. EDT Soros gives $1 mln to support legalization of pot

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Banjo, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Banjo

Banjo

2. Thanks banjo. Good post.

3. Lucrum

Lucrum

You smoke pot? At your age? :D

4. This is good.

Don't smoke cigarettes, sets a bad example "for the children."

5. Lucrum: You smoke pot? At your age?

No I don't smoke pot but if it replaced tobacco and alcohol, this country would be a much better place it live. :D

Can I get a booyah on that???

6. LEAPup

LEAPup

"The criminalization of marijuana did not prevent marijuana from becoming the most widely used illegal substance in the United States and many other countries. But it did result in extensive costs and negative consequences," Soros wrote.

I'll have to say that after working my way through college as a full time police officer, I've never had trouble with people smoking pot. But the drunks? Oh wow! I've seen it all. Literally...:(

I am a Libertarian, and most of Soros nonsense I laugh at, but the above statement by him I agree with.

Go back in history and read why it was outlawed originally. You'll sit back and say, "what the hell?!?! Are you kidding me?"

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Link??

To tell you the truth I haven't smoked it enough to know.

I think the History Chanel has a piece or even a short series on the history of drugs. It's been awhile since I've seen it but I do recall it was interesting.

8. LEAPup

LEAPup

That's the one I watched. Apparently, the blacks were getting unruly due to the way things were back then, and I remember a cartoon style pic of blacks with massive eyes attacking whites. The caption read: "Weed crazed negros."

Apparently, the govt. was able to use propaganda to make it illegal by showing that blacks using pot liked to be violent to whites. The govt went on to name it "wicked weed," and you guessed it, fear among whites was able to push lawmakers into rubber stamping it illegal.

I'm not pro white, pro black, etc., However, it's CLEAR that the illegalization was based on of the silliest, most outlandish "reasons" I have ever seen or read about. Boggles my mind when I read those propaganda posters, and news paper articles from that era.

America the free country? Depends on what your definition of free is...

9. JamesL

JamesL

10. I am surprised that Obama isn't pushing for the legalization of pot. He would get a lot of new Obama voters. That's if they could remember to vote of course.

#10     Oct 27, 2010