Oct 20 2009, PBS frontline the warning.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by number22, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Agreed! Brooksley Born in my new hero. She knew, told them, and the good old boys club gave her the boot.
    The show gave some really good insight in to just how long they knew, and how deep the corruption went. And not a damn thing has changed.

#31     Oct 21, 2009
  2. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/09/b...gewanted=2&_r=1&em&adxnnlx=1256126420-/xvPtEZ EU3yuC2jpcPe5Q

From that article page 2.

In his testimony at the time, Mr. Greenspan was reassuring. “Risks in financial markets, including derivatives markets, are being regulated by private parties,” he said.

“There is nothing involved in federal regulation per se which makes it superior to market regulation.”

Mr. Greenspan warned that derivatives could amplify crises because they tied together the fortunes of many seemingly independent institutions. “The very efficiency that is involved here means that if a crisis were to occur, that that crisis is transmitted at a far faster pace and with some greater virulence,” he said.

But he called that possibility “extremely remote,” adding that “risk is part of life.”

#32     Oct 21, 2009
  3. #33     Oct 21, 2009
  4. Obviously I missed it. Did anyone record this by chance? If so, can ya upload for the rest of us lazy bums? :D

BTW Greenspan is a jackass of n-th degree and his successor is an also-ran. History will eventually deal with them.

#34     Oct 21, 2009
  5. bernanke greenspan larry summers and geithner - jews

well, at least their not as bad as the people who pushed us into the iraq war, wolfowitz and perle

oh wait - they're jews too

#35     Oct 21, 2009

6. I have respect for that. All the people who follow him (Geithner, Summers) know this now. Something will change in OTC derivitives.

#36     Oct 21, 2009
  7. Well, any jackass can make the change after the fact. The point is to change it before the damage is done. And, yes, Greenspan and Bernanke in this regard are collectively the biggest jackass of our time.

#37     Oct 21, 2009
  8. they're not the biggest jackasses of our time, they're the most clever thieves of ALL time

just ask yourself - did they or their buddies get hurt?

the people who created this debacle jsut gave themselves record bonusses, and the taxpayer just got enslaved to the tune of over a trillion

#38     Oct 21, 2009
  9. Here you go:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/warning/view/

#39     Oct 21, 2009

10. I have respect that he can admit he is wrong. Not respect that he understand now "after the fact"
    So many people see Greenspan like a god before, so if he admit he is wrong, more people will believe that.

#40     Oct 21, 2009