Ocommunist won, now lets talk civil war

Discussion in 'Politics' started by LEAPup, Nov 6, 2012.

1. LEAPup

LEAPup

#41     Nov 8, 2012
  2. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, in regards to the notion of providing extension to Habeas corpus, and I will remind you to petition legislators for repeal and modifications to current U.S. anti-terrorism laws, as well as War and International Humanitarian law.

Those who have intel would agree that without an act such as NDAA, American citizens would be extremely vulnerable to threats from these enemies of the state, and national security would be highly compromised.

If it helps, just try to think of NDAA as more of an amendment to Habeas corpus. After all, when Habeas corpus was first implemented centuries ago, terrorism had not yet even existed. As the act of terrorism manifested itself, It was soon apparent that Habeas corpus was inadequately equipped to deal with such complex atrocities.

The President, knows as well as anyone, that it would be unconstitutional to not provide the protection necessary to defend our country and citizens from such egregious acts of terroristic warfare.

What most fail to understand, is without appropriate evidence of act and intent, the President would not be compelled to order such detentions, and such detentions can ultimately be over ruled by the Supreme Court. In fact, Congress can even subpoena evidence of intel from the President if enough reason was presented, and Congress was compelled to do so. So in these regards the individual is still well protected from "unlawful and indefinite" detention.

The NDAA is a highly tuned instrument that has proven quite effective at keeping good guys like you, Leapup (and maybe Lucrum) safe from the bad guys that have or have planned to commit acts of terroristic warfare against our citizens and state.

If it also helps you to sleep at night, keep in mind that 200+ years ago when constitutional law was written, anyone found engaging in the types of activities that NDAA aprehendees have been known to do, they would likely have been strapped to the underside of a horse carriage and dragged through fields of brier until their intestines decorated the bushes like confetti.

who farted

#42     Nov 8, 2012
  3. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Therein lies the problem. He is *not* a scholar of any type. Any self-respecting scholar would have released his transcripts by now and would never have allowed a ghost writer and radical bomber to write his "autobiography". Obama is a phony, a created man and a dope smoking hack who never held a job except community organizing race hustler and whose own wife was ready to dump him as an obvious loser just a few short years ago.

This country has just demonstrated to the world that it is filled with the worst sort of gullible magical-thinking suckers with zero street smarts and no remorse about the men that who were left to die in Benghazi while being observed in real-time by the "president".

The muslim terrorists have been infinitely emboldened by the reelection of this fakir and will likely resolve themselves to renew their attacks by any means into the distant future. America is the clown of the world stage and the people who voted for Obama will always be remembered as silly and un-serious nincompoops. The leftists of P&R personify the idiots who have wrought this damage to our country. I piss on you people!

Well, erm, not you piezoe. I've come to respect your posts for their content and thoughtfulness. But the leftist putzes in this forum have earned my complete contempt.

#43     Nov 8, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

+ 100

#44     Nov 8, 2012
  5. You do know the only one he pisses on is himself. He's just another big talker full of bravado but lacking any substance.

#45     Nov 8, 2012
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Ohms? I've seen more substance coming from him than you. But then I guess "substance" is subjective, isn't it?

#46     Nov 8, 2012
  7. He's just another big talker.

#47     Nov 8, 2012
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

You said that already.

#48     Nov 8, 2012
  9. Which country are you posting from , i am asking because you said you were leaving.

#49     Nov 8, 2012
  10. pspr

pspr

As far as Obama's scholarly work with the Constitution, you are correct in that he is not a scholar of the Constitution. I believe his only interest in the Constitution is the reinventing it to suit his beliefs and wishes. Obama is a manipulator and his motives are finding ways to rewrite or find ways to get around the obstacles to his objectives. He no more respects our Founding Fathers and their great works than he respects the writings of Biblical scholars. Both are on his list of works to be loathed.

#50     Nov 8, 2012