Occuturds Plan September Encampment Resistance

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Mar 5, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

The Occupy Wall Street movement is calling for protesters to flood lower Manhattan in September, where they are to set up tents and barricades while resisting any police or National Guard attempt to dispel the crowd, KleinOnline has learned.

“If we hang in there, 20,000-strong, week after week against every police and National Guard effort to expel us from Wall Street, it would be impossible for (President) Obama to ignore us,” reads a call to arms posted on the website of Adbusters Magazine, which has been behind Occupy since the movement’s inception.

“Our government would be forced to choose publicly between the will of the people and the lucre of the corporations,” added the announcement.

After largely breaking for the winter, Occupy is calling for the encampment to begin Sept. 17.

“On September 17, we want to see 20,000 people flood into lower Manhattan, set up tents, kitchens, peaceful barricades and occupy Wall Street for a few months,” reads the Adbusters announcement.

“Once there, we shall incessantly repeat one simple demand in a plurality of voices…We demand that Barack Obama ordain a Presidential Commission tasked with ending the influence money has over our representatives in Washington.”

http://kleinonline.wnd.com/2012/03/...icades-calls-to-resist-national-guard-police/

2. Why not occupy the Washington Mall. and try and talk to the politicians etc.. It seems purposeless what they are doing.

3. The occuturds' most recent "revival" attempt failed; hopefully the one planned for September will too.

NEW YORK (Reuters) - About 10 Occupy Wall Street demonstrators were arrested in New York City on Wednesday during protests that failed to pull in big crowds or draw much attention on what organizers had hoped would be a nationwide day of revival for the movement.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/sns-rt-us-occupy-proteststre82006b-20120229,0,619701.story

4. I'm glad they're keeping it up. If only to piss off the retarded, anal -retentive righties.

5. pspr

pspr

LOL That may be the protest were I read there where more reporters than protesters.

I think they have some more stuff planned this spring and summer like the Democratic Convention demonstration. Maybe they could have Pelosi join them and give a pep speech then help them storm Wall Street. I'd like to see that.