Occupy Wall Street

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Spikekiller, Sep 29, 2011.

1. "Meanwhile, some people on Twitter are saying that Radiohead are at Union Square. It's almost certainly a joke, but it might be worth marching up there while chanting "Mic Check" to take a peek. At the very least, maybe you'll find a guy who resembles Johnny Greenwood to hang out with."

#41     Oct 1, 2011
  2. Bob111

Bob111

#42     Oct 1, 2011
  3. #43     Oct 1, 2011
  4. "Update 5:05 p.m. (nyc time, always ahead of the rest of the country)

: Nope, nothing yet. But we just heard that at least 3,000 people have crowded into the park at this point. Organizers said they are planning to march around the block until 5:30 p.m., when the "real" march starts.

All hope is not lost though—people are still chanting "Mic Check."

#44     Oct 1, 2011
  5. "The video is choppy but I see Officer Bologna and he's got an acoustic guitar on his hand!"

#45     Oct 1, 2011

6. The protesters may be able to "go one better".

A dozen *Marines* in Michigan are on their way to NYC, in uniform, to protect the protestors, which they feel is their duty (to protect Americans from physical harm). That's kind of wild.

These Marines have also made a call to other Marines to join them!

#46     Oct 1, 2011
  7. I think I'll wait for it to come out on DVD. And then wait until it's a documentary on Link TV. And they said the revolution will not be televised!

#47     Oct 1, 2011
  8. There are now 3 times as many people watching this as there were just yesterday (see the "counter" at the bottom of the video).

#48     Oct 1, 2011
  9. NYPD vs Marines. That will probably be pay per view Buy now and get UFC fight night for just $9.99 extra

#49     Oct 1, 2011
  10. Breaking: Occupy Wall Street Protesters Blocking Off Brooklyn Bridge

We're seeing reports on Twitter that protesters from Occupy Wall Street have marched down to the Brooklyn Bridge, and hundreds of people have begun to stream into traffic lanes, completely stopping traffic on the bridge. According to NY Times reporter Brian Stelter on the scene, "Scratch that: a LARGE # of protesters are in lanes of traffic. Traffic out of Manhattan is now completely stopped."

#50     Oct 1, 2011