Occupy Wall Street

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Spikekiller, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Bankers' ways to silence opponents:
    1. make them die mysteriously -- "heart attack", "suicide";
    2. Mock them, ostracize them from general population -- "conspiracy theorists", "racist", "white supremacists".
    3. Buy them, $20 million, if they are worthy it. Few can not be bought by that amount.

#21     Oct 1, 2011
  2. I don't know about bankers. They are probably too busy laughing and counting their money.
    But Duke he was actually the leader of the KKK one time, and if not a supremacist he is a white separatist, that's not someone I would look for a balanced opinion regarding peaceful integration from.
    What's wrong with jews anyway?
    Except doing that whole kosher thing to animals that's pretty sick.

#22     Oct 1, 2011
  3. but getting back to occupying Wall Street, here's what I don't understand. If wall street is full of fat cats, why not just go there and buy stocks? Anybody can do it, they don't ask if you are liberal or conservative, republican or democrat, black or white, anybody can go there and start owning the world.

Same thing with borrowing money from China. If you don't like it, buy a bond, now you too can be loaning the US money.

Price of oil goes up and everybody complains the oil companies are making all the money. Why not just buy oil companies if it's so easy?

You got your workers and you got your traders. The only difference is presumably the workers are skilled, and trading is not work.

#23     Oct 1, 2011
  4. But getting back to occupying Wall Street. I sort of like it. It's the whole Arab Spring thing moving around the world. Not everybody wants what Wall Street has to offer, which is fine, until you are forced to take what Wall Street is offering whether you want it or not.

#24     Oct 1, 2011
  5. Oh yes, I forgot this thread was about this Wall Street thing.

All I'm asking myself is: can I trade this?
    I don't think so because I don't think this is going to change anything tangible...

#25     Oct 1, 2011
  6. I keep trying to tell you old fogies, the times they are a changing. It isn't cool to be an investment banker anymore, so that means BMW's aren't cool, and Rolex watches aren't cool.

There go trade that. The latest scandal involved a solar panel company, that ought to tell you something. Nobody even goes to Wall Street anymore, at least not to start a carreer. The ones who are left are hoping to just end a carreer before the whole place becomes obsolete.

Name for me a new start up company that thinks NYC is the place to be? Obviously the protesters don't have a clue. If they did they'd be in Omaha.

#26     Oct 1, 2011
  7. I was watching Kudlow on CNBC last night, it was really sad. He was laughing and bragging about his Drill Baby Drill policy. If he only knew how disgusting he probably looks to his grandchildren.

So it's the same today as it has always been. Bt the time someone finally has power, all they can offer is what they wanted before they had power. And the new people who don't have power don't want what the old people who now have power have to offer.

#27     Oct 1, 2011
  8. Good job I don't have my BMW any more then, and yes people seem to be turned off by overt shows of wealth these days, it really is uncool.
    I agree NYC wouldn't be a good place for a startup and I would say the same thing for London. High cost of commercial space and cost of living makes it impractical to get things off the ground.
    Yeh it's truly disgraceful this latest scandel of wasted (or swindled) government money, especially at a time when they need to be building/kick-starting new industries. If it happened in China they would be shot.

#28     Oct 1, 2011
  9. I don't want to move this thread to Polititics and Religion because I think this topic is important. I edited out some of the religious stuff that may have sparked some nerves.

So please refrain from the derogatory race/religion banter going forward .

#29     Oct 1, 2011
  10. funny thing about China, I heard this on TV so I don't know how true it is, but when the Prime Minister wants a new railroad built he just goes to the map and points from here to here. And it's a done deal, no parliment, no votes, no impact study. If your bedroom is on that straight line the train is coming through. Doesn't matter if it's a school a church or a farm the Prime Minister drew a line on the map and that's where the track is going to lie.

How long they can keep up this "efficiency" remains to be seen. When I was growing up we tried to compete with the Soviet Union. Trillions of dollars spent on beating them. Any good economist could have looked at their system and in a few minutes told us, "Not even worth competing against. Try Denmark or Canada, at least they have a chance."

#30     Oct 1, 2011