Occupy Wall Street To March Uptown This Afternoon

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DemZad, Oct 11, 2011.

1. NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Occupy Wall Street is on the move ... uptown.

Why uptown? Because that's where the rich folks live!

Organizers are planning a march on Tuesday that will visit the homes of JP Morgan Chase (JPM, Fortune 500) CEO Jamie Dimon, billionaire David Koch, hedge fund honcho John Paulson, Howard Milstein, and News Corp (NWSA, Fortune 500) CEO Rupert Murdoch.
    The millionaires and billionaires are being targeted for what event organizers called a "willingness to hoard wealth at the expense of the 99%."

http://money.cnn.com/2011/10/10/news/economy/occupy_wall_street_protest/index.htm

2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

So the enemy is those that accumulate or "hoard" wealth they earned? How dare they do that! That belongs to our fellow comrades in common! Tovarishch!

The protestors sound like Bolsheviks in 1917. Replace "one-percenter" with "land-owner" and you have it. Right down to the speeches and manifesto.

3. Ricter

Ricter

*shrug* It's a common theme through history.

4. JamesL

JamesL

I hope they stay uptown. I walk past OLP every day and that park has become a shithole, a pigsty.

5. I can smell it from the pictures. On a side note, it appears the DNC is now running the show, as evidenced by this:

"Tuesday's march -- organized by UnitedNY, the Strong Economy for All Coalition, the Working Families Party and New York Communities for Change -- will cover quite a bit of ground if successful."

and this:

"The White House wants to make it clear that President Barack Obama is on the same side as the Occupy Wall Street protesters – and that Republicans are not."

“If you’re concerned about Wall Street and our financial system, the president is standing on the side of consumers and the middle class,” Obama’s senior adviser David Plouffe said on “Good Morning America” Tuesday morning when asked about the demonstrations. “And a lot of these Republicans are basically saying, ‘You know what? Let’s go back to the same policies that led to the great recession in the first place’.”

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/65614.html

Occupy Wall Street has officially become Obama's new Super CommiePac

6. you have the right to protest, march and all that other crap but since when do we have the right to sleep in public parks, throw trash everywhere and disrupt traffic??? I dont get it. March and go the fuck home, wash rinse repeat.

7. If they march uptown, it won't be so far for the black people to join in. Downtown is another planet from the Bronx. Uptown is a bike ride.

8. It's going to backfire on him. Just my .02.

9. Lucrum

Lucrum

+ 1

10. pspr

pspr

Maybe they can find a Pied Piper to lead them into the river. :D

#10     Oct 11, 2011