Occupiers-What Do You Want?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Dylan Rattigan is a douche bag. I would never quote a word coming from his mouth. But that is just me...

#11     Oct 7, 2011
  2. LOL good thing it's friday sounds like you need a beer come 5 o'clock.

#12     Oct 7, 2011
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

I probably do. Maybe a few. I just think the guy is a tool. I could have been nicer, but like you said, it's Friday and I need a beer. LOL.

I asked a serious question and if I wanted to talking points from some blog, I would have posted on that blog. It's funny you should mention a beer. I've met many ET'ers in person over a beer and have shared many good conversations. And that is what I wanted on this thread, a conversation, not a lecture. My bad. This is the internet. Bigarrow, I'll work on getting that beer. :)

#13     Oct 7, 2011
  4. Samsara

Samsara

All due respect, I think you could be misunderstanding what's going on. For instance, I don't think what unifies people down there is that they're spoiled iPad consumers who want a handout, or that they're primarily criticizing the rich for earning more money. Movements with only that as its backbone do not gain traction. You can find any number of caricatures in that crowd, but it seems to be something a bit more.

It's about the relationship between government and business.

I originally thought this was a leftist phenomenon, but I now think its sustained effect indicates that it's tapping into the same discontent that many people out there share, even if they're not protesting, including the Tea Party. It's the feeling that things aren't quite right and that voting individuals are no longer represented by their government.

#14     Oct 7, 2011
  5. achilles28

achilles28

Evidently I know a shitload more than you. You're clueless. I guess housing bubbles aren't such a bad thing afterall, so long as we keep the bubble going? Genius. Throw some flatscreens into the mix and it's like 2005 all over again... Glory days, eh Mav? :D

#15     Oct 7, 2011
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

I think that is only a very small part of it. Listen man, I've talked to them. I walk by them every morning and every evening. Yes, there is a combination of all different sorts. Most of them are anti-capitalism. Big business is just part of that feeling. But it's not the big driver.

Another annoying thing, the term "big business". People throw that phrase around all the time but then when I call them out on it, they can't articulate exactly what it is about big business they don't like except that CEO's make too much money.

#16     Oct 7, 2011
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Hmmm...

#17     Oct 7, 2011
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

How old are you? You are talking like you are still living in mom's basement. Do you want to quote me where I said any of that? Just post the link or copy the text below exactly where I said that? Can you do that kid? Pretty please with a bow on top? I bet you can't. LOL.

#18     Oct 7, 2011
  9. Well Mav, I really think all of this non-sense could have been avoided with a couple of perp walks, simple as that. Just a little bit of justice is all. I absolutely think a republican president would have brought at least a couple of indictments, if for no other reason than to avoid being seen as playing favorites to the "rich guys". All Obama had to do was burn a couple of these high rollers and then say, yeah we're all fucked up for awhile, but we smoked the bastards who did this. Now we re-build. I really think it would have been as simple as that.
    Would we still be all screwed up? Probably, but one could argue we'd have a better and more positive attitude about the recovery process.
    But to answer your question, what do the occupiers want? In truth, they probably want to go back to the way things used to be. I doubt they would admit that publicly. Everybody fat, dumb and happy, while the hustlers made their money and everyone got a little taste of the big time. Guess it just couldn't last.

#19     Oct 7, 2011
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Well that much I agree with you. The fact that no one has been prosecuted for the fraud that took place is pathetic. And I agree, in an age where people sell each other out every day you would think both the right and the left would have thrown a few of these crooks under the bus if only for good PR. The only thing I can come up with is that they honestly don't understand the complexity of the fraud to successfully prosecute them.

#20     Oct 7, 2011