Occupiers Set To Invade The CBOT!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Ricter

Ricter

Are jockies more badass than stock traders, though?

#11     Oct 14, 2011
  2. Good question. The old school ethnic guys that used to trade in the pits have been replaced over the past few decades. So a bunch of "screen traders" isn't exactly an intimidating presence.

#12     Oct 14, 2011
  3. Ricter

Ricter

True, but jockies are not big men. I know, I know, it's the "size of the fight in the dog".

#13     Oct 14, 2011
  4. I may lead the assault myself. If you see an old guy on the news who is wearing cammies that look faded and worn, a pair of jungle boots, face painted up and yelling, the more you sweat in peace the less you bleed in war as I charge through the doors...that's me.:eek: :D

#14     Oct 14, 2011
  5. Ricter

Ricter

Right there at that point I thought you were going to a football game.

#15     Oct 14, 2011
  6. Max E.

Max E.

wow, that would be awesome Imagine you were having a real bad day just dumped a major loser at the dead bottom of the market, and someone little snot nosed 20 year old ran in and gave you the right to release some aggression and "defend" yourself. :D

Do you know what i would google to find the story, or do you have any links?

#16     Oct 14, 2011
  7. Our resident conservatives need to remember this when planning their revolution

#17     Oct 14, 2011
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

I read about it in this book about how the LIFFE exchange started in London. Great read. The incident was explained in detail.

http://www.amazon.com/Day-One-Trade...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1318624062&sr=1-1

#18     Oct 14, 2011
  9. Max E.

Max E.

In their head these guys who stormed the floor probably had an idea that of all these floor traders were decrepit old goats like George Soros, or finance geeks, they must have been quite surprised when they found out that most floor traders are younger guys, and they are tough as nails.

#19     Oct 14, 2011
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

You know, from reading it, I think these kids thought these guys were going to be men in suits with cigars, etc. They thought they would keep trading. What they discovered was that these were hardcore drinkers from the under belly of London and some of the rougher hoods and these guys were brutes. They did not hesitate to stop trading and beat the shit out of them. That must have really caught them by surprise. I don't think security even tried to stop it.

It was like that scene in Rounders when Matt Damon and Ed Norton were playing cards with the cops out in the sticks and they found out they were scamming them. The cops walked over to the door to lock it and make sure they couldn't leave.

#20     Oct 14, 2011