Obtaining Series7 when Living outside The United States

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by smalltrader35, Oct 16, 2006.

  1. I wounder if any of the licensed series 7 traders living outside the united states and trading US equities remotely could help me? How did you go about obtaining a ITIN number from the IRS?

    I have contacted a number of brokers about obtaining a series 7 license and I have been told I need to obtain a US Taxpayer ID number before we can sponsor you for the Series 7
    exam. I have spoken to the IRS and I have two choices File an exception of actual tax return. May I ask the traders here on Elite how they went about obtaining their ITIN? D id you file for an exception? If so how? What documents did you need to furnish anlong with your W-7 Form? Any insight would be most welcome.

    Thank you
  2. i did my series7 5 years ago while living in europe.
    can't remember all the details, the compliance officer of the brokerage set everything up. i remember that i needed a crd number. didn't need a itin or w7