Obtaining Funding/Trading Capital

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by hmap1, Jan 17, 2004.

1. Let me see if I have this straight:

First, your main system is focused on equities, and yet it is not scalable?

Second, you make 300 trades a day with your main system, which generates 100% per month, yet this is only enough to pay your overhead? Yet the pattern day trade rules would require an account minimum of $25K to carry out this program, which means a net profit of $25K. Are you telling me your overhead (at a minimum) is $25K???

I must be missing something.

OldTrader

#41     Jan 19, 2004
  2. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

Its called Venture Capital. Pitch your system with a business plan to VC's. If your business plan is indeed valid and valuable there will be capital available - just dont expect funds tomorrow since at best it will take 6 months to a year before you will get any inflow in most cases ...

#42     Jan 19, 2004
  3. Lucky family, they will be spared from being fleeced.
    nononsense

#43     Jan 19, 2004
  4. I just don't believe this story. That kind of track record speaks on its own.
    Friends, relatives, your tax accountant, lawyer, that is how word of mouth gets spread.

#44     Jan 19, 2004
  5. hmap1

hmap1

"Let me see if I have this straight:

First, your main system is focused on equities, and yet it is not scalable?

Second, you make 300 trades a day with your main system, which generates 100% per month, yet this is only enough to pay your overhead? Yet the pattern day trade rules would require an account minimum of $25K to carry out this program, which means a net profit of $25K. Are you telling me your overhead (at a minimum) is $25K???"

You are on the right page. Payroll does have a bare minimum here and is our biggest expense. We are not foolish business people. We have costs and maintainence costs like any other business. You just may not be used to the scale here in terms of returns and because of that it seems outlandish.

#45     Jan 19, 2004
  6. DT-waw

DT-waw

Does your main scalping system which returns 100% monthly can also be applied to emini S&P, Bund, Bobl, Euribor futures? If it can't - why?

#46     Jan 19, 2004
  7. It is quite common for companies like yours to do TFSE (Tax Free Stock Exchange).

If you do, the quid pro quo is that they use your stuff and you use some of their capital. Both operations flourish.

The other possiblilty is the "Chemex" deal invented by W. R. Grace. Grace took 20% interest in a given company (the first historically was Chemex) and allowed it's name to be used in that company's promos etc., including financing arrangements. Profits from the smaller company (you in this case) are distributed. You would take your distribution and loan it to company for 100% of profits thus generated by prior agreement.

Where you make most money is in the rise of the P/E ratio of your company. That is what W R Grace wanted too, i. .e., a two tiered situation where stock it owned grew in P/E and showed on the parent's books as a leveraged deal.

I have done the TFSE with up to 5 start ups at a time. It that case I took 80% of a publically traded closely held corp. We ran the parent as you would guess. The P/E ratio shift in first 4 quarters was 400%. The other 20% of ownership was elated to say the least. So were the existing creditors.

everything spoken about is in the context of full blown C corps and registration is Delaware as was the tradition then.

#47     Jan 19, 2004
  8. hmap1

hmap1

It just cannot. I'm sorry, but the answers are proprietary.

#48     Jan 19, 2004
  9. Not actually very "funny" at all. People with deep pockets that loan venture capitol take quite a big risk. There is a very big chance they will never see their money again despite your claims. They will want points, a big APR, maybe a deed to your home and Beemer, and want to be your partner in every aspect of your business.

Sounds like you do not like an arrangement like this. You want control as well as the money. Business does not work like this unless your mamma wants to back you. Your story does not make sense at all and your potential investors did not like what they saw either. Money is like water, it finds a "way", and if you could do anywhere near the returns you claim you would have so much money you would have to turn it away.

Your story is B.S., your posts non-communicative and vague.

#49     Jan 19, 2004
  10. hmap1

hmap1

First off, we are open to all arrangements. We realize that any investor will do their due dilligence. We would if it were us. This person came out and said that he was not interested in our company, but merely was looking for a hobby. That to us is not a good arrangement. Trust me, I am familiar with VC's and all of that. We just want the right fit to our company. It's not about arrogance or anything like that. We just want to do the right thing.

#50     Jan 19, 2004