Obtaining Funding/Trading Capital

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by hmap1, Jan 17, 2004.

1. Hi all,

I just came across another current thread entitled:

"How Do I Get Access to More Capital? "

I would suggest to group all these kind of "business opportunities" into a specialized thread. This would greatly facilitate the searches of ET believers looking for juicy edges.

nononsense

#31     Jan 19, 2004
  2. Hi,

i have a couple of questions:

1. How many trades per day are you doing ?

2. This Holy Grail System works on only one market or on many markets ?

3. How much would you be willing to "show" ? Only monthly returns or single historical trades ?

4. How much money are you looking for and what is in it for the investor.

I am asking these questions because I was in your shoes once. With high overhead etc.. Now I found the ideal investor who understands everything about trading and who also goes with me through bad times. Investors who dont understand trading dont do that !! There was only only one bad part: I had to show everything ... I mean completely everything and I did it and never regretted ... because he understood that the systems are worth nothing once markets change. Then you need the Key developer to keep on working on new stuff etc. And that is excatly what happened. My systems stopped working in 2000 and I had to develop new ones that work well now.
    But surely i was lucky -- a lot has to do with trust etc.

What we did is we moved the operation side to Asia where we pay very little wages for people with same qualifications -- then your costs go down huge - I mean HUGE !!. Next thing you need is an autoexecuter software that makes everything automatic - that will save you alot also.

To tell you the truth: I am not looking for a system that trades medium to long term. Not even 15 min bar trading I am interested. I am looking for something very short term - something that trades so fast that you almost a person can not do it. We have commissions so low that this is not a problem.

#32     Jan 19, 2004
  3. simsim

simsim

nononsense is making sense but it is hard to listen to the truth.

All the great business started as a family business. If the family doesnt trust u then who else will.

#33     Jan 19, 2004
  4. How do you get/develop an autoexecutor system? How did you develop yours, or did you purchase it 'off the shelf'?

#34     Jan 19, 2004
  5. And what happens in the scenario where his/her universe of friends and fmily is not financially buoyant?

#35     Jan 19, 2004
  6. hmap1

hmap1

Early on we researched that road. Banks do not loan businesses like ours money because it is too high risk. They don't care about performance reports. Trading is considered high risk.

#36     Jan 19, 2004
  7. hmap1

hmap1

#37     Jan 19, 2004
  8. Dear CPTrader... we bought ours from efloortrade -- its pretty good -- but complicated to reprogram systems into their language -- at least when you want variations in your entries and exits in order to avoid slippage
    http://www.efloortrade.com

another source: www.dynaorder.com (I have not tried that though)

But a word of caution for everybody who wants to use automatic execution: some firms charge you big time for using it - its very important to have low cost comissions otherwise you might end up overtrading and then commissions eat you up

#38     Jan 19, 2004
  9. hmap1 -- how can i contact you ? -- I am relatively new in this community and dont know how we can communicate directly

#39     Jan 19, 2004
  10. hmap1

hmap1

I sent you a PM.

#40     Jan 19, 2004