Obtaining Funding/Trading Capital

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by hmap1, Jan 17, 2004.

1. hmap1

hmap1

And to add, you are so busy attempting to prove me wrong that you are not understanding that we have ONE system that yields 100% per month. All the others are slower more scalable systems that reach 100 to 200% return per year. They take more capital to be effective, which we do not have. So please take your calcs and "for a small fee" and..........

#11     Jan 17, 2004
  2. lescor

lescor

Where do you hold your accounts, and what products are you trading? Could you not look at operating your business under the umbrella of an organization or group that would offer you leverage on your existing capital? Like a professional stock trading firm, or a direct relationship with a clearing house?

#12     Jan 17, 2004
  3. Dear hmap1,

I really am trying you to help you but it doesn't sound right to me!
    Don't tell me that a company like yours, employing a few programmers and that breaks even year after year can't spare a modest $1000 to get started with my proposed scheme?

Let me ask you one more of these dumbass nononsense questions:

"How do you know that your second system scales?" :D

OK hmap1, I had my fun with your black boxie.

nononsense

#13     Jan 17, 2004
  4. hmap1

hmap1

Please excuse me for seeming so irritated. It's just that the work that our company has done is work that we all have sacrified so much for. We are all very passionate about what we do and have for years been driven by that passion to build profitable trading systems. We eat, think and breathe all of this and it is finally paying off. Because we are so small, we do not have the ability to just throw money at things and now that this goal is achieved or at least finally starting to come to fruition, capital should be the least of our worries, but it is. We have relied too long on one main system and want to diversify badly so we can sleep better at night and see our dreams closer to reality. Yes, what we have accomplished so far is stellar, but any business model needs diversification. We all know how this market can punish anyone at anytime. We finally have that diversification in our hands but without that capital. We just want to take the company to the next level of stability and growth.

#14     Jan 17, 2004
  5. hmap1

hmap1

We have a couple setups in NY as far as brokers and are using Tradestation to run our Futures systems(ES, NQ,YM,YH,YG,ER2). The brokers actually run our custom built software for the equities side. We are just cash poor and spread it thin all over. If we had the cap, we could grow faster and also use our scalable models in more markets to diversify and grow even more. Then add automated money management.......

Thank you BTW for your reply. :)

#15     Jan 17, 2004
  6. Nononesense, you are making yourself look like an idiot. He did not say that his other models return 100% per month like is 'top model' does. I think the guy is legit and I think some people are jealous and don't understand the life of an entrepreneur. I might be willing to help. PM me and let's talk. I understand your plight. Let's see if we have any synergy. Best. Neal.

#16     Jan 17, 2004
  7. Cutten

Cutten

Nononsense - the systems he is asking money for do not return 100% a month. Only his main non-scalable system does that, and it only covers his fixed costs. So he wants capital to trade the lower-returning scalable systems so they can become profit centres.

Basically he need to tell us what the approx returns & risk for the scalable systems are, along with some idea of the type of methods used.

#17     Jan 17, 2004
  8. Keep pushing forward. There are some legit folks here at Elite. I might be interested in looking into this a bit. Drop me a PM. :)

#18     Jan 17, 2004
  9. Sounds like it might be time to cut your operating costs and plow the freed capital into the new systems. As you have said, "this is a business," and it appears to be time to make some tough business decisions.

jj

#19     Jan 19, 2004
  10. hmap1

hmap1

Thanks for the reply. We are running at the bare minimum with traders and programmers. We actually want to add to our staff with everything we have on our plate. So many good things, so little time with the staff on hand.

#20     Jan 19, 2004