Observations (an example)

Discussion in 'Journals' started by fortydraws, Jan 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

If it weren't for the TL thing, I would have quit. It's forcing me to be disciplined about this.

Incidentally, I said this morning that the upside here was likely 58-59 and we're only a point away. Does that count as a "call"?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
    #231     Feb 25, 2015
    fortydraws likes this.
  2. fortydraws

fortydraws

I'm sure Eddie can see the uptrend since the opening range break. I took his remarks to be more about the character of both the opening range and the ensuing uptrend - choppy within the range, choppy within the uptrend itself, rather than that nice smooth as silk with short shallow pullback type of uptrend the NQ has spoiled us with.

I appreciate your contributions, but I think we all would have appreciated this one quite a bit more without the opening condescension. If you are here to help, you are more than welcome to continue, but if you are here to stroke your ego at the expense of other peoples opinons, then there are plenty of other threads here at ET where that behavior would be more suitable and I would appreciate it if you'd take it elsewhere.

Thank you.

#232     Feb 25, 2015
    llIHeroic and dbphoenix like this.
  3. fortydraws

fortydraws

It would under normal conditions of human interaction, but this is a trading message board, so unless you can provide a copy of your latest blood work results, including cholesterol levels and white cell count, I would think most will behave as though your post never happened.

#233     Feb 25, 2015
  4. Ged

Ged

Thank you forty, Eddiemorra, theapprentice, LLIHeroic, and db. Appreciate the responses very much. - I believed, after the fact, that this was not a very good day to implement all aspects of the method. Good to know I wasn't kidding myself. I finished down $30/contract plus commissions. Actually, the tight stops worked great.
    Ged

#234     Feb 25, 2015
  5. fortydraws

fortydraws

Frankly, I consider any day +/- 2 points per to be a scratch day - think scratch, not "down $30."

Nothing wrong with a scratch on a day like today, imo

#235     Feb 25, 2015
    Ged likes this.
  6. Ged

Ged

I like the 'scratch' terminology, just not used to using it. I could have managed my trades better, so I learned some things. A day is never a total loss if you learn something helpful.
    Ged

#236     Feb 25, 2015
  7. fortydraws

fortydraws

Do your review - it really is the best way to learn everyday.

#237     Feb 25, 2015
    Ged likes this.
  8. llIHeroic

llIHeroic

My apologies, it wasn't my intention to communicate condescendingly. I've gotten similar feedback before though; the way I communicate must not translate very well via text.

I took his comments in the same vein that you did, which is why I attempted to offer the advice to zoom out a little and perhaps gain more clarity.

Thanks for taking the time to contribute to the site with this journal, and address your concern with me in a mature manner. Please don't hesitate to let me know if my comments here aren't constructive towards your goal or are a distraction from your topic.

#238     Feb 25, 2015
    fourtiwinks and fortydraws like this.
  9. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

And here we are at 59 :)

#239     Feb 25, 2015
    lajax and fortydraws like this.
  10. Ged

Ged

I observe that the mean between today's low, 4438, and the present high of day, 4461, is 4449.50, and that 4449.50 is also the high of the overnight market.
    Ged

#240     Feb 25, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.