Objective system 50% return a month on risk

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by BeingProfitable, Jul 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm a programmer and trader. Coded my own system in Java from the ground up and love developing completely objective systems that I feel are well back tested and based on sound trading logic. I have calculated slippage and commisions into each trade. Right now my best system is making 50% return a MONTH on estimated max drawdown the system should experience over the next 5 years. In other words it makes $500 a month on $1000 risk capital not including money that would be needed for margin. After considering margin (interactive brokers) and adding some additional head room for drawdown. My best system conservatively makes about 200%+ return a year.

Anyways, I'm wondering if there is any other system developers out there. Curious to how you are doing and what is reasonable goal on return.

2. Nope. You is the only one.

M

3. I knew, I knew, I knew it. I'm so special, all hail me!

4. WoW....200% return a year conservatively???....I'd be willing to purchase it from you..The other system for sale here had an asking price of $7 Million which was a bit out of my range....What would you take for yours??...If I could get 200% return YEARLY on just a couple of my millions, In no time I could be up there with Jeter and maybe even Gates.

5. Oh so skeptical, but think. 200% can seem amazing, but it is not really that much. It will NOT make anyone super rich... makes some decent cash, but rich... no. You would have to trade so large it would actually effect the system, to make it up there with Bill Gates any time soon.

6. Choad

Choad

This seems like another HankMarketSurferSpammer thread...:p

Throwing out the above system "performance" on ET, is gonna be like throwing some kittens to a pack of pitbulls...

7. I'm probably overly sensitive, but this thread smells like BeingProfitable is setting up to sell something. I'll close the thread.

BeingProfitable: If you want to discuss specific strategies, please start another thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.