Objective....SHORT THREAD

Discussion in 'Trading' started by rs7, Jul 17, 2002.

1. rs7

rs7

I do not want to create any more monsters. I hope this thread ends in 2 or 3 posts. But I am curious why the one I started on "superstition, Voodo, luck" has been closed.
    Not that it didn't get off track, but if people stayed interested, why close it?
    Was it just too much of a back and forth with too few participants? Was it because there was too much dissent? Was it inappropriate? Or is there just a limit to thread size? Just curious.
    Thanks for any answer guys.

2. PubliasEnigma

PubliasEnigma Guest

I think once I posted that beautiful woman they figured enough was enough :)

3. rs7

rs7

PE....maybe, but isn't that restricting freedom of expression? (Plus the fact you make a valid point along with the picture):)

4. PubliasEnigma

PubliasEnigma Guest

I think she makes the point my friend :) Dosent really matter anyway Rs because Darkhorse has left us... If he is not here the thread would die on its own anyway!

Publias

Speakin of Dark what are the odds of his very last post here being # 1k??????

5. rs7

rs7

Some things are not explainable. Some things are not within the realm of possible calculation. Here we have both. Between zero and infinity lie many possibilities. What were the odds that Ted Williams last at bat would be a home run?
    I hope Dark re-considers. He will be missed by me for one!

6. I'm a little confused by that statement.

Have you not talked (emailed or private message) Baron or any moderator to find the answer to your question?

Seems a direct approach to them with your question would be appropriate.

Out of curiousity...why was this thread called Objective....SHORT THREAD started in the TRADING forum?

Why didn't you start this particular topic in the CHIT CHAT forum?

If it gets too large...don't be surprised if it gets moved.

P.S. For what its worth...your superstition thread had a good start.

However, things got twisted and messages begin to become more argumentive and personal attacking. More importantly...after awhile...the discussion had nothing to do with the title...Superstition, Luck and Vodoo.

NihabaAshi

7. RS, It may have something to do with me stating that it was on too far a tangent from trading, and it had turned into an atmosphere for some to show their lack of tolerance for others.....you and darkhorse had some real interesting posts though....

8. rs7

rs7

You are right of course. My error. Wrong forum. Should be Chit Chat for sure!!!
    Also you are correct about the "superstition" thing getting off course. Certainly went in a direction I never anticipated....or wanted to see. Tried to steer it back to it's original concept too many times. Got interesting though, but way too far off the "trading" effects of "superstition, luck and vodoo", and way too personal on too many levels. RIP that thread.
    And thanks to all who made it a marathon:)