Objections to SCT

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Joe Doaks, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doli

doli

What is this "science of trading?"

#31     Mar 19, 2007
  2. Jack, we are not going to lay 50 objections on the table at once. We are going to consider and debate them one at a time. Right now we are talking about what appears to me to be a fundamental tenet of SCT, which I dispute based on my experience with NQ. You are turning into a flamer.

#32     Mar 19, 2007
  3. Doli, my science of trading certainly is not excel-based. How pathetic! A tool for those who can't afford, or don't know how to use, contemporary trade coding tools.

#33     Mar 19, 2007
  4. If any of you want to join a cult, then join trader666 in his fun and games. trader666 has a narrowly based cult that deals with back testing others methods. So far he has two back tests done in a couple of years.

On the otherhand making money isn't done by cults or people who are attracted to cults.

To make money a person has to work. If anyone worked as long and as hard as trader666 has he would be a milionaire long ago. The missing ingredient for trader666 is a trading approach. For all the time he has been here he has not found a trading method he is able to show he uses and has completed a publishable back test for. we are all waiting for him to publish a standard he expects is reasonable for the method of trding he uses or even any method opf successful trading.

This thread has a theme to get the opbjections to SCT on the table in all ways.

We will see if trader666 come through with a back test. And we will see how long it takes. The clock is running as of now.

#34     Mar 19, 2007
  5. 666, I wouldn't care if it WERE a cult, if it made money, I'd drink the Kool-Aid. In the interest of civil debate, I will refrain from expressing my own opinion. What we're about here is gathering empirical facts, or the closest thing we can get to them in trading. I am perfectly happy to be proved wrong, or as we say in my business: "Would you rather be right or get what you want?". Jack? 666? Knock it off. Keep it factual. And this ain't about PVT (stock swing trading).

#35     Mar 19, 2007
  6. I'm going to lay them on the table

you will be seeing them put up in groups of dozens as I said.

The next group will go up as a link type thing where we will have hundreds of pages of references on the table in jig time.

You have just said that you can't trade NQ.

Perviously you told us why you didn't get it to work. That is well documented.

Now I get to explain the short comings of your application of SCT to NQ.

This is not complicated.

this is just a beginner situation with a specific commodiites index.

Other people do NQ. You have not so far.

So want you aren't doing is defined as an objection to SCT.

we know you did not do the work.

I will explain the consequences of this as others chime in.

We have only gotten 6 pages done in a couple of hours.

Keep on topic and keep the substantive quips coming. If you do not say anything or post cahrt after chart as the days go by, we will soon know why the objection came up, its quality and its efficacy.

Lets roll. get on with the walk.

#36     Mar 19, 2007
  7. This thread has the potential for meaningful exchange. It is unfortunate that your first, straightforward and meaningful question is left unanswered. It required only a yes or no answer. This lack of meaningful response is informative.

#37     Mar 19, 2007
  8. doli

doli

Are you asserting that SCT works with NQ?

#38     Mar 19, 2007
  9. others have brought up PVT, trends and channels and cults.

The question you have and are dealing with is well stated.

Back it up with substantive content.

I am posting the next dozen with substantive links.

the cult thing was just a flyer by a cult oriented guy.

you better express your opinions or you are just going to be doing another one of your talk shows.

This is a walk on NQ and just what is what vis a vis SCT.

The jounals suggest the substantive work path to get SCT operational.

Now you have the floor to show how you do NQ.

If you aren't doing SCT beginner level with NQ, you need to start on page 1 of SCT.

Think of me as a chess player. People are bringing their boards and setting up.

I am just going to wlak around and play each person.

fortunately we are playing SCT and objections are what I am handling.

Hopefully people will recognize to NOT play SCT or they will elarn top play SCT.

It ends either way: they drop SCT from consideration for good reasons (objections that filter) or they win and get rich which is my goal for them only when it is possible.

People who can't win and won't quit are just part of the party.

#39     Mar 19, 2007
  10. Jack, get your facts straight. I trade NQ consistently profitably, if modestly and not at the 3X level, which BTW I cheerfully accept as my goal. I WILL compare what I do successfully with NQ to my admittedly imperfect understanding of SCT. And I remind you, I HAVE POSTED EXECUTION REPORTS, be they ever so modest. In that regard, I have more trading credibility here than you do.

#40     Mar 19, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.