Objections to SCT

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Joe Doaks, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sorry to hear you do not have excel. some people who trade do have it and in high school it is commonly used. Try the local library.

The stockchart stuff is on a beginner level. See if you can upgrade the standard. It is your call I can operate with any referent standard that is set and it will be in spades.

One of the benefits a person gets in a thread that has some substantive content is that they get to modify thier belief system from any of many orientations.

One of those orientations is the one I use: MAKING MONEY.

THE OBJECTIONS THAT YOU WILL FIND ESPOUSED IN THIS THREAD FOR MAKING MONEY WILL BE UNBELIEVABLE AND ASTONISHING.

#21     Mar 19, 2007
  2. doli

doli

Why should Excel be necessary?

#22     Mar 19, 2007
  3. Thank you for your comments Jack, and for your underwhelming endorsement of "Mark Brown". I am not in the habit of devoting time to every new poster here of dubious provenance. And I repeat, do you assert that SCT is applicable to any instrument with "sufficient" liquidity? I am hard pressed to think of a more broadly based statement of the validity of the method. If I am misrememberingor misstating, fine, correct me.

#23     Mar 19, 2007
  4. EXCEL BRINGS THE SCIENCE OF TRADING TO THE FORE. This is the WALK part of trading.

Word is used for the TALK part of trading.

Ask your science teacher or one of your parents.

get a 10B calculator (HP) or equivalent.

Read the instruction book on compound interest and do about 50 sample problems.

Get warmed up.

#24     Mar 19, 2007
  5. Great approach to thought reform. Bravo, Jack!
    http://www.workingpsychology.com/cult.html

#25     Mar 19, 2007
  6. ramora

ramora

If you do not have Excel. You can try "http://spreadsheets.google.com". Save the xls to your computer and then import to the google spreadsheet.

Jack, you can put your numbers and data into a Google spreadsheet directly or import the data and then post the link for others to see. May help you communicate results.

#26     Mar 19, 2007
  7. If you do not read what I post, it will be a traumatic life change experience for you.

At this point in your life, I am one of the main themes of your type existance.

What you serve as for me is simply a place where you do advertising for me.

every post you make seems to hinge on your past reading of my posts and others who are money makers in the style we have and use.

You, for some reason chose to make me your standard for comparisons.

right now I am waiting for someone to start adding the performance standards of the excel topics in the excel sheets.

I personally could not imagine a kid, today, could not get excel on his computer. But that is how it is for him.

#27     Mar 19, 2007
  8. "THE OBJECTIONS THAT YOU WILL FIND ESPOUSED IN THIS THREAD FOR MAKING MONEY WILL BE UNBELIEVABLE AND ASTONISHING." ?????

I thought we weren't into predicting.

#28     Mar 19, 2007
  9. I am just a responder here.

The sheets are going to be enlarged.

Why don't you host that function in this thread for a few days?

I am making an effort to deal with the whining here about every little twist and turn.

After we get the first 50 objections on the table we will have something to talk about.

#29     Mar 19, 2007
  10. Well, I guess we see that we aren't going to get a straight answer to a simple basic question. Nit unexpected. So I shall continue with my argument. Let me repeat: I trade NQ with a modicum of success. I would adopt SCT in a flash if I thought it would work better than what I do now, or at least better than the potential of my methods if I traded them perfectly.

The reason I think SCT is not applicalbe with equal efficacy to all high liquidity instruments is the following: IMO every instrument has a personality. I know for a fact that NQ behaves quite idiosyncratically compared to, say, other index futures. I think that SCT is "tuned" to ES. My own system is turned exqusitely to NQ. It may even be that SCT is so popular for trading ES that ES has conformed to SCT.

#30     Mar 19, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.