Object Trading & Celoxica -- Feedback anyone?

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by oversea, Apr 13, 2017.

1. oversea

oversea

Could anyone offer some feedback of the experience they've had with Object Trading and/or Celoxica? Our current solution for MD and Order routing is a mess, and our FCM has suggested one of these two, as they're already setup with them.

We haven't heard back yet with a quote for Celoxica, but the FCM came back with a quote for OT: Rather pricey - and perhaps more noteworthy than the actual number, was the initial commitment they want. (And that's even after paying a rather hefty sum as an 'install' fee. The term install, here, makes me cringe a bit. Since this is a solution the vendor is already hosting for the FCM, there isn't anything to install!)

Not sure if the FCM is coming up with these numbers out of thin air or what...if people could share what type of commercial terms they've seen with these outfits too, it'd be much appreciated (feel free to PM if that'd be more comfortable).

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

What FCM do you use.
    What platfrom are you looking for MD for or are you direct FIX?
    Are you hosted? If Yes, where?

3. oversea

oversea

Hi Bob,
    The setup is for Eurex, and yes, we have a server sitting in FR2.

Not sure I understood what you meant re platform. We have a proprietary grey/black box sitting in FR2 and I'm just looking for feedback on people familiar with the aforementioned two vendors. Our current vendor (for md and order routing) has been...well, horrible, in quite a few ways.

4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

You should be able to get your MD at some hosted location directly from the exchange. Not familiar with Eurex service providers.