Obesity is costing US 147B per year

Discussion in 'Economics' started by sosueme, Aug 12, 2009.

1. That is such a self-serving bullshit argument on so many levels that I can only surmise your eyes are a deep brown.

#31     Aug 12, 2009
  2. sosueme

sosueme

Oh well that settles it then.

Insurance must be private so if you are fat fat fat and cannot afford the premiums, you will die

#32     Aug 12, 2009
  3. New studies point to obese and morbidly obese being more prone to dying from Swine Flu.
    I have personal experience with this.
    An overweight family member died from it, in just the exact same way the Univ. of Michigan's study said they're now seeing.
    Respiritory distress, organ failure, death.
    I didn't think he was that fat.

#33     Aug 12, 2009
  4. Questioning your right to dictate what people can and can't do with their own property is a self-serving bullshit argument?

Thunderpoo, it's not even an argument. It's a question.

But then, when you proclaimed that charity to the poor is "childish" and you couldn't possibly be expected to reach into your own pocket to give to the poor, loser.

#34     Aug 12, 2009
  5. As it relates to the selling of organs and the longer-term societal implications? Is that a rhetorical question?
    Kindly provide a link, Annie. And try not to be late for your date with John Galt, who I understand is taking you on a date on an island somewhere.

#35     Aug 12, 2009
  6. As it relates to the selling of organs and the longer-term societal implications? Is that a rhetorical question?

Answer the question, thunderousfool.

Do you or do you not assert the right to dictate what people can and can't do with their own bodies? I don't give a crap what you relate it to. It's a yes or no question.

#36     Aug 12, 2009
  7. No, Ms. Rand, I do not believe people should be allowed to sell their organs, and I am quite convinced that only people with shit for brains would support the idea. Meanwhile, I still await the link in connection to your prior allegation.

#37     Aug 12, 2009
  8. what you're convinced of about what other people have between their ears is completely irrelevant.

So, on what basis do you believe that you have the RIGHT to dictate how people dispose of their private property, including their organs?

#38     Aug 12, 2009
  9. BTW, if you want to whine about your claim that asking you to donate to the poor is "childish", go search through one of the old health car threads yourself.

You're barely worth my time on this issue. I'm not going digging for your bullshit in the archives.

#39     Aug 12, 2009
  10. ...when it's so much easier making it up. (You're a Republican, aren't you?)

#40     Aug 12, 2009