Obese Americans

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sikhinvestor, Aug 22, 2006.

1. grossly obese ppl find and mate BEFORE they are grossly obese

#51     Aug 29, 2006
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Bit, the Brits are almost as fat as Americans and far more uglier! I'll take a hot chic from the US with 5 extra pounds on her vs some ugly ass pale as shit brit chic with 3 teeth missing. :D

#52     Aug 30, 2006
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Jesus dude, cool off on the generalizations. I guess if I want to live in the land of fake tits and bullshit smiles and phony ass people, I'll give Santa Barbara a good look. Dude, you live in the state that is the birthplace of the strip mall. The headquarters of Carl's Jr's Burgers and Big Boys. Don't give me this midwest is full of all you can eat buffet's bullshit. I bet we eat far better out here then in Cali. A lot of farm fed healthy people out here. And don't tell me how thin people from Poland are. I have family from all over that region and you are way off. Pollocks are not known for being thin. Ever heard of Polish sausage? LOL.

#53     Aug 30, 2006
  4. neophyte321

neophyte321 Guest

Yeah, but facts are fact. I am fat!

I don't eat much at all, certainly not alot of crap food, beer is my achilles heel. The funny thing is, I sometimes down a few beers and run stairs, it's really something how much better I run with my senses dulled. It is great fuel.

I'd lose 15 pounds in a month if I stopped drinking beer.

That's my vow, I'll update. Staaartiiiiiiing Now ! (actually two days ago)

#54     Aug 30, 2006
  5. I used to drink 4 or 5 cokes a day. I switched to water and lost 20 pounds just like that *snap*.

#55     Aug 30, 2006
  6. Have you ever been to SB? Nothing fake, phony or BS prone here Mav. What you will fail to find here is out-of-shape people - take a walk down state street and you'll see.

Its a simple lifestyle difference, and if it comes across as a generalization then be it. There is beautiful weather here in SB daily, most of our lesuire time involves the beach and being in a swimsuit. That and the amount of wealth in the area (aka the Rothschild effect) creates a social contrast compared to many places ~ look, you're not going to see too many three hundred pound whales tanning on the south coast of France for the same reason...

I have friends from Minnesota, Chicago and Ohio ~ I am regurgitating words from their mouths as well as providing some observations from my brief travels to the areas in question.

Regarding your Pollack comment, have you been there? I''m talking about the people that live there, not the transplants who have bought into the "American" lifesytle disease.

#56     Aug 30, 2006
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

I have been to SB, beautiful place, but would not live there. People are fake as shit. Of course, that is also true of most of CA so I guess it's not fair to just single out SB. And I did see fat people when I was in SB and no they were not visitors from the midwest. Yes, it's true of most warm weather states, because people can be active all year around their median weight is going to be less then the cold weather states. But this does not validate your argument about singling out the midwest as I have been all over the east coast and they are not any thinner there.

And btw, you are wrong about the south of France as well. There are actually quite a few overweight people there. Certainly not as many as the US, but this idea that they are all thin is completely inaccurate.

And yes, I have been to Poland, Germany, etc as I have family there and you are wrong. They eat better but they eat A LOT! Most of the woman are very heavy. Woman in northern europe tend to be gorgeous when they are young but as they age over there they get very heavy. This is true of most of Northern Europe. Most of my family is German, and yes, they eat much healthier food simply because it comes straight from the farms and does not have all the preservatives we put in our food, but Jesus do they eat and eat and eat. And drink too!

The only part of your argument that is valid is the fact that warm weather climates in general have more active people and therefore more fit people. In areas where you have both warm weather and wealth, i.e. most of CA along the coast and south FL, you will see a higher concentration of fit and attractive people.

But you are way off on the midwest. Most of the overweight people in the midwest has nothing to do with the all you eat buffets or the the location but rather poverty. Without making too much of a generalization here, most of the overweight people in the midwest are poor blacks and hispanics. I bet you don't see a lot of them in SB do you? Poverty forces many to eat cheaper foods and if they moved to SB for some reason, chances are they still would be fat because they would eat the same kinds of foods. So your argument really is a wealth argument, not a location argument.

#57     Aug 30, 2006
  8. Obesity is only half of the cause for fat Americans. "You are what you eat"!!! Just look at the kids menu in an typical American resturant: maccroni & cheese? fish & fry? Hello? Isn't something missing here? If you think potato is vegetable - you are fat, and dumb. Don't like brocconi? That's because your mom never learned to cook it right. And BTW, she's probably fat too.
    :mad: :confused: :mad:

#58     Aug 31, 2006
  9. Hey ignoramus...potato is a vegetable. Yes, freedom fries :D are bad for you. But a baked potato with nothing on it is delicious and good for you.

#59     Aug 31, 2006
  10. The mentality that lead to the increase in obesity for America really stems from the feel good generation that brought us so many other problems. The 60's. You couldn't look down on certain things in this country without looking like a bigot. Including obesity. Now obviously there is a line that should be drawn, but people encouraged this behavior by saying that it is another person's right to decide for themselves, and we as a society should not look down on them for their choice. These people do have a choice, but do we really have to support it? People have the right to smoke too, but do we really have to support that as well?

People were so worried about everyone's feelings, they didn't stop to think that they are really reinforcing bad habits. When there were less obese people around, people made a concious effort to stay fit because they did not want the negative attention. Now that it has become acceptable, lazy people have a scapegoat.

I remember seeing a talk show where these really fat chicks were walking around telling everyone that they are the shit and can get any man they want even though they were fat. How did we as a society come to this?

Danno's point is exactly right. People do not take personal responsibility anymore. That coupled with the fact that society has to be sympathetic to the plight of the lazy is what created this problem.

#60     Aug 31, 2006