Obama's Wealth War--500k is PEANUTS

Discussion in 'Economics' started by marketsurfer, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Want more money? Get off the government tit. Far as I'm concerned the incompentent/criminal bastards that run these organizations will still be grossly overpaid. They belong in a state penitentiary making license plates for .12 cents an hour.

#11     Feb 8, 2009
  2. Ribs

Ribs

your post like many others is excellent

HOWEVER

I would bet that you are the type that would be severely against it

if it was you receiving it

#12     Feb 8, 2009
  3. Ribs

Ribs

we could fix entire economic problem

with just 1 or 2 public hangings

I SWEAR TO GOD we could

#13     Feb 8, 2009
  4. all this says is nyc is overpriced and must come down.

#14     Feb 8, 2009
  5. I'm not sure what I would have done if I was receiving it but the people that are giving me have every right to add conditions.

#15     Feb 8, 2009
  6. Correct.

In a previous life I was a corporate banker (account managament and credit). Companies to which we extended credit but which were teetering on the fence almost always had to meet certain covenants, both negative and positive. Positive covenants included certain financial ratios that had to be maintained in order for the credit facility to remain in effect. Negative covenants almost always included limits on withdrawals of any kind (executive salaries, bonuses, dividends, etc.), until such time as the company was back on firmer footing. It is a creditor's right to protect its money, and if the borrower does not like it then it is free to look elsewhere.

Back to the current situation, it is absurd to think that the country is going to spend huge sums and that the failed bankers who need the money expect to continue to live large and unfettered. Talk about a sense of entitlement!

#16     Feb 8, 2009
  7. Bank chiefs to travel by public transport

hey will travel from points near and far – from California to the New York island – but the financial titans converging on Washington next week for a congressional grilling will all leave the private jet in the hangar.

Vilified for enjoying lavish lifestyles while their companies are kept afloat by billions of taxpayers’ dollars, the men formerly known as Masters of the Universe have opted to get a first-hand look at the US’s crumbling transport infrastructure.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/7bbd5bfc-f495-11dd-8e76-0000779fd2ac.html

I like the idea to see Blankfein traveling "retail"...ha, ha, ha...ROFLMAO !

#17     Feb 8, 2009
  8. #18     Feb 8, 2009
  9. burn8

burn8

Who cares what they earn if they do it on their own. Screw 'em though if they wanna start sucking the public teet. In that case the c***suckers dont deserver sh*t.

-burn8

#19     Feb 8, 2009
  10. That's exactly what I was thinking.

People don't have to be idiots you know.

For one job, if you are offered say $300K a year in a place where it will cost you $290K/yr to live, but you are offered another job for $150K per year where you can live well for $80K, no one is forcing you to take the first job, and you shouldn't wine about the high cost of living there if you do.

BTW - Haven't some of these companies ever heard of technology? Why do so many of their employees have to reside in NY City? I bet 99.9% of their business could be conducted online, over the phone and through video hookups.

JJacksET4

#20     Feb 8, 2009