Obama's war on Catholics

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by jem, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Brass

Brass

Oh, I never suggested it was okay. Just that larger numbers appear to give religions more "legitimacy." And the larger numbered groups generally look down upon the smaller numbered groups, derisively calling them cults and so on. As an atheist, they're all cults to me.

#61     Feb 6, 2012
  2. Brass

Brass

I love these alternate universe posts.

#62     Feb 6, 2012
  3. stu

stu

And I wouldn't expect anything but an emotional and slightly hysterical response from you in reply.
    For someone who didn't want to open up a can of worms over interpretation of constitutional intent, you sure give the contrary impression.

Do you really want to swap statements made by the Founders? Or do you just prefer to blind side and refuse to acknowledge them expressing and confirming their NON religious NON christian beliefs?

Your reference to the Declaration of Independence is one way of rewriting the Constitution, or perhaps what you might call "interpreting" it , but nevertheless I don't see anywhere the mention of religious rights, nor for that matter slavery rights, in that snippet of the Declaration. Neither documents were written to support all those things people call - their rights.

The Government exists to protect the legal rights of all under law. It should not exist to exempt certain people, including the religious, from the ordinary obligations everyone is joined to respect through the Constitution and the law.

#63     Feb 6, 2012
  4. Wallet

Wallet

Haven't we been down this road before? Don't have time..... anyone who wants to find the truth can find it.

let me refresh your memory............

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=196370&perpage=6&pagenumber=5

#64     Feb 6, 2012
  5. "Document after document, when The Colonists gathered they credited "GOD" ( the God of the Bible) for their provision and guidance........... "

That's because saying "artificial mental construct" or "14.7 billion years of evolution of the universe" was just too awkward.

#65     Feb 6, 2012
  6. My favorite gods are

1. Zeus
    2. Thor
    3. Posidean (sp?)
    These are some bad ass gods.
    Jesus was just OK, kinda plain vanilla, his dad, god was a bad ass but a major asshole too.
    Budda though not a god, has some good ideas but carries it too far
    And last on the list is Alla just because his followers are so murderous. Though according to some is the same god as Jesus's dad.

#66     Feb 6, 2012
  7. Yes, we hold hold these truths to be self evident.....unless you are 3/5ths of a man.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-Fifths_Compromise

#67     Feb 6, 2012