Obama's war on Catholics

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by jem, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Brass

Brass

Oh, judging by his over-the-top post history on the subject matter, I suspect Lucrum is a spiffy closet organizer.

#41     Feb 5, 2012
  2. Brass

Brass

Aren't they all?

Just an observation.

#42     Feb 5, 2012
  3. Curious, how do you feel about all this. By 'this' I mean the religions are cults rhetoric.

I don't think we should be characterizing every religious sect as a cult, but I also don't think we should bow to their specific demands either.

We give every religion tax breaks, and other considerations.

Many religions do a lot of good work in their neighborhoods, and in Society in general.

Trying to be on topic, the gov't doesn't, or shouldn't be forced to change mandates to fit a specific sect, IMO.

c

#43     Feb 5, 2012
  4. Wallet

Wallet

Without opening up a can of worms here over constitutional intent, the constitution was written to protect religion from government, not the other way around which seems to be today's interpretation.

Religious exemption is seen throughout our history, modern day examples include exemptions for Social security taxes as in the Amish, conscientious objectors from military service, religious exemption from inoculations, many others, etc, .........

To force a person to violate their true religious beliefs, imho is unconstitutional, which I believe is where this is headed.

#44     Feb 5, 2012
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Breaking glass?

#45     Feb 5, 2012
  6. I wonder about it too, he posts about gays like he is in the eighth grade and afraid that it might rub off on him or something. I think there is an internal struggle going on in his mind. Lots of men in the GOP seem to struggle with that.

Lucrum, you cannot catch, "the gay":)

#46     Feb 5, 2012
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

That's good to know, I shook hands and had dinner with two of them only a week or so ago.

I still prefer female nurses though. If it's all the same to YOU. LOL

#47     Feb 5, 2012
  8. Wow, if they only knew. That's what's nice about the web, you can let your inner bigot out anytime you want:)

#48     Feb 5, 2012
  9. Brass

Brass

You mean you had doubts until RCG set your mind at ease? Inner turmoil, Lucrum?

#49     Feb 5, 2012
  10. Brass

Brass

I believe the distinction is largely in the numbers.

#50     Feb 5, 2012