Obama's "truth squad" ready to throw you in jail

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Brandonf, Sep 27, 2008.

1. http://blogs.kansascity.com/tvbarn/2008/09/the-myth-of-swi.html

In the past two weeks, Barack Obama's campaign has unleashed two angry email campaigns to mobilize supporters against a Chicago radio host they claimed was smearing Obama. News stories covering the controversy have repeated the campaign's contention that they were merely being vigilant against any and all attempts to "swift-boat" their candidate. The noun that's become a verb is used as shorthand, both by politicos and the press, to describe any non-issue-related attack on a Democrat.

If that's really true, then he couldn't have picked a more inappropriate target.

Obama didn't go after Rush Limbaugh or Jerry Agar or Glenn Beck or Mark Levin or any number of other right-wing radio hosts (as featured in the terrific book Shock Jocks by my colleague Rory O'Connor). No, he went after WGN Radio's Milt Rosenberg -- a genial University of Chicago professor who for 35 years has hosted possibly the most civilized two hours of commercial radio anywhere in America, "Extension 720."

#51     Sep 28, 2008
  2. The first one reads like it was a threat against the President -- during a church service communion no less.

The Secret Service was right to detain him.

#52     Sep 28, 2008
  3. Forgive me, Pabst, but what's the problem with this?

#53     Sep 28, 2008
  4. The title is a lie (which you didn't deny) and if you claim you are a democrat, then your are like a Joe Lieberman democrat...in name only.

I've read your comments around here for years, you are a right winger.

#54     Sep 28, 2008
  5. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I think that too many people live in a little box. Where you are, I believe Southern Cal, a right winger is not the same thing as it is in the midwest. I'd say I'm fairly liberal overall though.

I do not think a child should be held accountable for the mistakes of a parent, there for I support welfare, even if the mother is a piece of shit welfare queen. I think we have an obligation to help the sick, even to the point of universal healthcare (our government already spends more on healthcare per capita at the federal, state and local levels then Canada does). I do not support corporate welfare.

I do support personal accountability, I do support freedom of speach (which means I think that the Patriot Act is one of the most terrible things to have ever happened to the 1st ammendment). I think that Sara Palin (and Joe Biden too) is a terrible choice for VP, and it gives me pause in voting for McCain. I'm concerned about his health issues, and I know I would not like to see America governed the way Palin governed Wasilla or the State of Alaska. I could go on and on, but it wont matter, you live in your box, and I suppose I live in mine as well.

The fact is that this "truth squad" has been formed by law enforcement at the request and with the support of the Obama Campaign. If the McCain campaign did something similar I would be just as sickened.

#55     Sep 28, 2008
  6. Did the Bush White House ever strike back at Michael Mooron or Al Freaken? Have either one of them ever claimed to be audited, targeted by the FBI, turn up on any media "hit lists."

They made tens of millions attacking Bush with disingenuous lies. Bush in turn paid them no mind.

Rosenberg asked the Obama campaign to send a representative. They declined. Hence any protest of Rosenberg's program is a veiled exercise in restricting free speech. It's Nixon type shit.

#56     Sep 28, 2008
  7. Even if they had, two wrongs wouldn't make a right, right?

But last I heard Moore was being investigated for going to Cuba, something which others aren't really investigated for (which is also not against the law -- only spending money in Cuba is against the law).

I don't know. I doubt the White House would allow us to see such lists.

Lies like Franken's "[G. W. Bush's] pro-air pollution Clear Skies Initiative is designed to clear the skies of birds." I don't know, but I find that pretty funny. Unfair? You bet.

Didn't the Republicans do the exact same thing when they protested against NBC?

#57     Sep 28, 2008
  8. I find it highly instructive that the same liberals who post on here about Bush supposedly shredding the Constitution find a program of official intimidation of core First Amendment rights to be acceptable.

Of course, Obama and his crowd don't really support the First Amendment. As noted above, they have mounted highly organized intimidation campaigns aimed at media outlets who give access to their critics. They don't even support workers' right to a secret ballot on union elections. They think it is ok for union goons to look over your shoulder while you vote or show up at your home to demand that you sign a union card.

No wonder "constitutional scholar" Obama never produced one piece of scholarly legal work. He must have been at a demonstration the day they discussed freedom of speech in law schoool.

#59     Sep 28, 2008
  9. #60     Sep 28, 2008