Obama's "truth squad" ready to throw you in jail

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Brandonf, Sep 27, 2008.

1. wjk

wjk

Agree, but if it had to be, I would prefer it be the local sheriff.

#41     Sep 28, 2008
  2. I can not see where this is like patriot act. Obama is not talking about wire tapping and phone tapping. He said tv ads that are lies. TV is not like a private telephone conversation between 2 peoples, tv is public.

#42     Sep 28, 2008
  3. There are 2 things according to the video that
    prosecutors will enforce.

Statement again:

"They will be reminding voters that Barack Obama is a Christian
    who wants to cut taxes for anyone making
    less than $250,000 a year."

Obama wants people to believe:

1) he is a Christian
    2) he loves the poor

Truth:

1) He's no Christian.
    2) He loves to use the poor.

There are many Christians and many poor in this
    country. He doesn't want to lose any votes.
    That's why the cops are involved now in Missouri.

Obama will use scripture when it will help him.
    Of course he will blame
    white people for the problems of the black community.
    The MP3 is not related to what the thread is about, but
    I think it provides insight.

http://www.clintons4mccain.com/Obama1.MP3

"where white folks’ greed runs a world in need"

#43     Sep 28, 2008
  4. wjk

wjk

It's about freedom. If you lie about someone, you may be sued for slander, but you are free to state it. If you go to jail for lying about someone, you are living in a dictatorship. I keep hearing the left say we have less freedom because of the patriot act. I say the same about "truth squads".

No politician has enough honesty to impose such measures, or allow such measures, as the majority of them are liars (they call it friendly terms like flip flopping, or having a change of heart, etc...). I guess by calling them liars, I can now be accused of being a liar...what was that?...a knock on the door? At 1:00am?
    Shit, glad I don't live in St Louis!

#44     Sep 28, 2008
  5. From video:
    They will be reminding voters that Barack Obama is a Christian
    who wants to cut taxes for anyone making
    less than $250,000 a year.
    They also say they plan to respond immediately to any ads
    and statements that might violate Missouri ethics laws.

Law enforcement taps phones and e-mails. They do so
    when they can. It hardly ever makes the papers of course.

I suppose the next thing would be to investigate what
    Missouri's ethics laws are. Also what would constitute an
    'ad' or a 'statement'. I personally don't need any more
    proof as to how evil this all is.

#45     Sep 28, 2008
  6. The direct and overt intervention of law enforcement – expressly identified as such – in partisan campaign efforts on behalf of candidates for public office violates state and federal law. More importantly, the specter of law enforcement officials using their official authority to bolster one candidate’s message and intimidate or chill the political expression of other groups of society violates the most basic tenet of our constitutional compact – that government officials may not abridge citizens’ freedom of speech. The news report being aired on KMOV has and will continue to chill the First Amendment liberties of Missouri citizens. Does this mean that citizens, grass roots groups, bloggers, the media and the entire community of concerned Americans must first seek permission from your offices to avoid possible prosecution or complaint for freely expressing their political opinions?

This election should be decided by the people of our country free from intimidation by government officials. No citizen should fear that his or her government will prosecute him for speaking his mind or giving voice to his political opinions.

Harvey M. Tettlebaum

Harvey Tettlebaum, it should be noted, is a registered lobbyist for the Missouri Health Care Association and the Republican State Committee.

http://rturner229.blogspot.com/2008/09/missouri-lobbyist-rips-into-barack.html

#46     Sep 28, 2008
  7. wjk

wjk

#47     Sep 28, 2008
  8. #48     Sep 28, 2008
  9. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I'm hardly a right winger, more of a conservative democrat. I've voted for many more democrats than for republicans, though I am bound more by a sense of what is right and wrong vs my party, and for a long time served on the Johnson County, Iowa Democratic Board (one of the most liberal in the country). And, as we talked about earlier I dont have a problem with this in theory, my problem is that it was started by a group at the request of Obama's campaign, I would be equally sickened by a similar group if it was started by McCain.

#49     Sep 28, 2008
  10. Prohibitions on political activities by state employees.
    36.157. An employee may not engage in political activity:

(1) While on duty;

(2) In any room or building occupied in the discharge of official duties;

(3) By utilizing any state resources or facilities;

(4) While wearing a uniform or official insignia identifying the office or position of the employee; or

(5) When using any vehicle owned or leased by the state or any agency or instrumentality of the state.

http://www.moga.missouri.gov/statutes/C000-099/0360000157.HTM

State employee not to be coerced into political activity--penalty.
    36.159. It shall be unlawful for any person to intimidate, threaten, command or coerce any employee of the state to engage in, or not to engage in, any political activity, including, but not limited to, voting, or refusing to vote, for any candidate or measure in any election, making, or refusing to make, any political contribution or working, or refusing to work, on behalf of any candidate. No employee of this state shall discriminate against, discipline or otherwise create a preference for or against any employee subject to such person's authority as a consequence of such employee's political belief or expression of such belief. Any person who violates the provisions of this section is guilty of a class three election offense as established in section 115.635, RSMo, punishable by a term of imprisonment for not more than one year and a fine of not more than two thousand five hundred dollars, or both such fine and imprisonment. Any person convicted of a violation of this section shall lose such person's position in the agency.

http://www.moga.missouri.gov/statutes/C000-099/0360000159.HTM

#50     Sep 28, 2008